Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2018 7:20:02 PM EDT
I bought a PJ holster for my G43, but I think it might ride a little too deep. The issue is that my belt is preventing me from getting my middle finger high on the front strap right under the trigger guard. Does that make sense?

Is this normal for IWB carry? Is it typical to have to readjust your grip after drawing to get a solid purchase on it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a lot of holsters cut that way. I'm not a fan.

It's not at all uncommon to go through multiple holsters before you find the right one for you. I have sold a bunch and have a Rubbermaid tote full of a bunch more that I don't use for whatever reason. Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen a lot of holsters cut that way. I'm not a fan.

It's not at all uncommon to go through multiple holsters before you find the right one for you. I have sold a bunch and have a Rubbermaid tote full of a bunch more that I don't use for whatever reason. Welcome to the club.
View Quote
Good, glad to see I'm not the only one. I just drew my G43, and there's a gap between my middle finger and the trigger guard. While I'm new to concealed carry, this seems unacceptable.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That's not what you want, no.  Raise the holster if you can but unless it's an extra long holster built to address the issue you probably won't be able to with the G43 size before running out if holster under the belt.  This is why I prefer longer holsters or guns for carry guns and why smaller sn't always ideal for functional concealment.  If it were a G26 I'd suggest using a G19, G17 or G34 holster, but with the single stack you might have to find one built longer intentionally.  Longer also helps counterbalance below the belt line helping to stabilize and keep the grip from rotating away from the body.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking at Vedder holsters because they have adjustable height as well as a claw to keep it snug against your body. I haven’t bought one yet so I can’t recommend them per say, but the reviews seem solid and it could solve your issue.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's not what you want, no.  Raise the holster if you can but unless it's an extra long holster built to address the issue you probably won't be able to with the G43 size before running out if holster under the belt.  This is why I prefer longer holsters or guns for carry guns and why smaller sn't always ideal for functional concealment.  If it were a G26 I'd suggest using a G19, G17 or G34 holster, but with the single stack you might have to find one built longer intentionally.  Longer also helps counterbalance below the belt line helping to stabilize and keep the grip from rotating away from the body.
View Quote
I’ll add that JMCK makes all their G43 holsters in a “ long” versions to allow for just this.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you need a different holster. Many holsters are adjustable for height and cant.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#7]
All good replies, and that is unacceptable.

Good on you for recognizing it as such.  Unfortunately, there is also no “best” choice.  What works great for me may not be a great choice for you, thus most of us who have been doing this for a long time end up with a box of holsters.

I have found that for me, the cheap ones never worked or fit properly.

Do some research, try a different holster, and if it won’t work you can always put it on our EE.  Also check the EE for a good holster at a good price.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you order it with the deep concealment option? Those usually sit deeper than the standard IWB.

I'd contact Paul either way, I have several of his holsters and I'm sure he'll do what he can to make sure you're happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top