Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2020 1:25:36 PM EDT
I found at a lgs a 1990 browning high power w/adjustable rear sight in case with extra mag.
High polish blue.
96-98% condition

They are asking $1100

Go
Or
No go
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The HP market is hard to track since they quit making them.  Prices are all over the board.

That said, $1,100 is probably not out of line if it's truly a 96% gun.  The guns with adjustable sights are a bit of a niche market.  Some like them so don't.

I bought a standard HP in about 95% condition, box, and a total of six mags about six months ago.  Paid $700 and thought I did extremely well.  The odd thing was it came without any paperwork; yep the infamous gun show loop hole.  Paid sales tax but no 4473 and at a gun show to boot.  Kind of weird.  All the years I've being going to shows I can count on one hand the number of times I bought something without papers.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m still thinking about it. It really was in nice shape. 96% is me being very conservative
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The HP market is hard to track since they quit making them.  Prices are all over the board.

That said, $1,100 is probably not out of line if it's truly a 96% gun.  The guns with adjustable sights are a bit of a niche market.  Some like them so don't.

I bought a standard HP in about 95% condition, box, and a total of six mags about six months ago.  Paid $700 and thought I did extremely well.  The odd thing was it came without any paperwork; yep the infamous gun show loop hole.  Paid sales tax but no 4473 and at a gun show to boot.  Kind of weird.  All the years I've being going to shows I can count on one hand the number of times I bought something without papers.
View Quote

I've only bought one gun without a background check, and it was at a gunshow.
I asked the dude, a cranky old New Yorker about filling out the paperwork and he said we don't need to because he isn't a dealer. I was like: "OK, here's the cash, see ya later!" It was a NOS Beretta 21A.
OP, I paid 900 bucks out the door for my MKIII last year with no box or paperwork. It looks 100 percent new. I don't think the previous owner shot it because it still had all the gunky shipping grease inside. I'd get it because newer ones aren't getting cheaper, and surplus ones are getting scarce and more expensive also.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Too high unless it comes with original box, papers, etc. $900-ish without those items.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top