Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2018 8:28:28 PM EDT
(Posted in Handguns as well as some folks may not visit both forums.)

I got two new 1911s lately & tried like a mofo to find a leather holster WITH a "sweat shield", aka body guard flap. This is a piece of leather that prevents the gun from gouging into one's side. I don't wear t-shirts in the Southern summers, so I have to have this on my holsters.

Guess what? I couldn't find anyone doing this in a pancake, belt style leather holster. Bianchi, Galco, Kramer, Jordan, DeSantis, you name it, I looked. No dice. Off to google I go.

I found these guys: https://store.dmbullardleather.com/

Ho lee sheep shit, Batman! Not only do they have them, they're IN STOCK! Govt, Commander, 4" & Officers/3" models. Name it, they've got it!  

Not just 1911s, but damn near any handgun made. Pocket pistols included.

Not only that, they have canted mag holders that point the mags about a 45 deg angle rather than straight up & down. Much better for someone with sore shoulders like myself.

The company offers all sorts of options: leather color, rough side, smooth side, exotic hides, lined or not, decorated or not. It's almost endless.

I have NO affiliation with this company. I'd never even heard of them until a couple of days ago. I want that known that I'm not shilling. I just wanted to help folks looking for a specific type of holster.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for that link.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks--I've looked at the site before, but seeing this post, I popped over to see what was on sale and it just so happened they had something I was actually looking for. $55 (with shipping) for a tuckable IWB for my Colt .380 Gov't Model.  It's my warm weather EDC but I've been carrying it in a pocket holster out of necessity.  Few holster makers have the mold gun for the Gov't Model so I was happy to see this one.

I look forward to trying it out
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, good folk up there.  They don't make the holster styles I prefer myself though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I finally picked up a 1911, (SIG Fastback Carry) and after a decade or two of glocks and an HK...I'm a little concerned about the effects of iwb carry (Arizona). I found a kydex holster specific to the sig 1911 but thought about leather being easier on the blue finish.

Whats been the general experience with leather iwb in extreme heat and sweat?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top