Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2020 6:32:37 PM EDT
I sold this to a guy I used to work with a couple years ago.  Short story, he is in the process of moving and it was stolen.  Trying to help him ID the serial number.  I deleted it from my records after the sale. However. I still had this pic on my phone.  
To confirm....the number stamped on the barrel above the caliber marking is the serial number.....Correct?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield Armory places the SN on the original barrel, frame slide (in front of the U.S.A) and on a plate in front of the Trigger guard.
The frame is the governing SN if you switched the barrel or slides.

Edit:
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that should do it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  It is indeed the factory original barrel.  It was a SA custom shop gun.  No need to replace anything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad it was stolen. That one of the only 2-tone poly guns ive seen in a while that i like! (Wasn't me )
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad it was stolen. That one of the only 2-tone poly guns ive seen in a while that i like! (Wasn't me )
View Quote

I have one of the very early XD45 service models in 2-tone (technically "bi-tone").  I bought it many years ago because I loved the look and it was the only factory gun I could find that I liked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top