Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2022 9:11:55 PM EDT
The red dot I put on this gun is not really what I think a good dot should be.  I’m absolutely not interested in a Holosun or anything with shake awake. Price is not a problem. Attachment Attached File
Pistol is a sig p226 MK25 Thanks.

Current dot is a Riton. It’s gotta go.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The red dot I put on this gun is not really what I think a good dot should be.  I’m absolutely not interested in a Holosun or anything with shake awake. Price is not a problem. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/94465/E1263DE2-4CBD-4806-9C61-0F3D3A9A5FB5_jpe-2380522.JPGPistol is a sig p226 MK25 Thanks.

Current dot is a Riton. It’s gotta go.
View Quote

What don't you like about the dot? From there we can narrow what you're trying to improve from and give some suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The dot shuts off between shots while trying to site it in. Shake awake has to go. I want a switch/button. This is a fun gun and not a defensive weapon. I use my 1911 for that. I just would like a good red dot on this pistol for fun shooting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The dot shuts off between shots while trying to site it in. Shake awake has to go. I want a switch/button. This is a fun gun and not a defensive weapon. I use my 1911 for that. I just would like a good red dot on this pistol for fun shooting.
View Quote

Then that's not shake awake.

Real shake awake turns the optic back in the millisecond it senses even the slightest movement.

I'll put it this way...all my optics that have shake awake never get turned off. And I've never not seen the dot on. It works that quick and that well.

But for you I'd say get the RMR and let the bald eagles rejoice in unison that another lost soul has been shown true north and accepted it, if that's your cup of Joe.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
On my range guns (mostly Ruger MK pistols) Burris FastFire. On my center fire pistols, one Leupold DeltaPoint Pro and a number of RMRs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then that's not shake awake.

Real shake awake turns the optic back in the millisecond it senses even the slightest movement.

I'll put it this way...all my optics that have shake awake never get turned off. And I've never not seen the dot on. It works that quick and that well.

But for you I'd say get the RMR and let the bald eagles rejoice in unison that another lost soul has been shown true north and accepted it, if that's your cup of Joe.
View Quote

Yup.  I keep mine on a shelf.  I can open the door, look in and the dot is off.  Reach up, grab the pistol and pull it out and the dot is on.

I bought/carried/shot RMRs for a decade.  Had some issues beginning a couple months back, sent them in for repairs, got no repairs before they shipped them back to me.

Just bought a couple Holosons and will be evaluating those.  So far the reviews are great on them.  I'll find out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
3.25 Trijicon RMRcc kicks ass and takes names and is all out of bubble gum. It really upped my 10 ring target hits.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe he fact it's a riton is the issue and not the shake awake.

Holosun
Trijicon
Aimpoint

Pick one, go forth and do great things.

ETA: what's the mounting pattern milled onto the gun? Did you get it milled or was it factory?
View Quote

The slide is a Sig pro cut. I added on after. So the pattern is for the Sig dots. I’m considering one of those but am weighing my options.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The ameriglo red dot is looking decent.

Trijicon owns the company and it's made in the Philippines I believe
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#10]
While the Romeo1Pro and Romeo2 have 'shake-a-wake' they can also be turned physically on and off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Riton is not a cheap site from what I see. It should NOT be turning off because of a shot. I would contact them and find out why. It maybe a bad battery, loose battery compartment, loose wire connection or solder. Do you have a good warranty? Other than the dot turning off is there anything you don't like about it or are you just pissed at the site?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with a couple of the previous posters, that ain't shake awake. That sounds like a battery contact or electronics issue. Shake awake works like this, zero movement of the optic for a specified period of time (typically 4 to 8 hours) and the optic turns off to save battery. Optic moves just the slightest bit and the dot comes back on until it is motionless for whatever the period of time is for the battery saving turn off. Your optic is defective.

As for a suggestion, Aimpoint ACRO. HoloSun whatever's as a distant second. I have a bunch of them as well as more pistols dots and the ACRO is by far my favorite.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Sig Romeo 1 Pro.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#14]
PSA has the Romeo1 on sale for $200. It is the first version not the Pro version. I dont know if you have the Pro cut slide or not.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-electro-optics-romeo1-1x30mm-red-dot-sight-sor11600.html

If a Romeo isn't what you want then you will either need a Delta Point Pro or you will need an adapter plate.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
PSA has the Romeo1 on sale for $200. It is the first version not the Pro version. I dont know if you have the Pro cut slide or not.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-electro-optics-romeo1-1x30mm-red-dot-sight-sor11600.html

If a Romeo isn't what you want then you will either need a Delta Point Pro or you will need an adapter plate.
View Quote

Romeo1 is a do not buy item, unless one gets thrown at you for pennies. Battery life sucked at sub 5k hrs and they only fit the old R1 cut / thread pitch.

R2 cut guns - Romeo1Pro is a good optic.  Romeo2 is more better and mo money.  Leopold Deltapoint Pro is a fine optic, but it's the tallest out there, so if you need/required to co-witness sights you're a little limited on options.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Depending on how big of a window you want, the DPP is a great rds and has a larger window for viewing but won't obscure your view of the target. I know you said no Holosun but they are not a bad option and are getting more popular in the firearms community. I bought one as I didn't want to spend a large amount of money to see if the rds was for me. I have a 507c which offers a large window for easier viewing but the frame is small/thin enough so that it is not cumbersome. A couple shops that rent guns by me swear by them,( I have a friend at one that let me put one through it's paces and worked like a champ) and they have several thousands of rounds through them without issue. The Trijicon rmr is an excellent choice that has a proven track record.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top