Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2022 11:43:19 AM EDT
Long story short, just got this Browning/FN Hi Power from a friend.  Been working on getting it cleaned up and back to fighting trim.  Poor thing was filthy, but most of the finish is intact.  I have been trying to sort out the date of manufacture, but this serial is not on the official list from Browning as it an FN made gun.  Best I can figure is it is from the 69-75 range, probably late in the range.  The only issue is a stiff safety selector and some minor finish rust, which is cleaning up nicely.  Need to get me some more mags for it as well, but that is easily done.

So, if you have any ideas on the date of manufacture, let me know, otherwise, here is the new (to me) toy.  Enjoy!

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking Belgian Hi Power.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a T292XXX High Power. I was told by "experts" back when I bought it over 15 years ago it was manufactured in 1970. I also own a T246XXX from 1968. Both are in black Browning red lining pouch. Like yours (at one time) highly polished blue, walnut grips with red paint, small sights & safety, ring hammer & hump in feed ramp. The T Series for commercial sales were supposedly the premier years for the High Power. I'm "guessing your T284XXX is also a 1970..... but I'm no expert either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top