Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2022 8:53:52 PM EDT
I am the proud new owner of a 329PD and am trying to find a holster. I know it should be worn in a chest rig but I would prefer a simple but elegant leather pancake holster. Anybody got and recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Galco Model PHX124 with a thumb brake for my 629 Classic, works pretty well
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I've carried a 329PD ever day for several years. Hands down my favorite holster for it is the Mernickle PS6.

True pancakes want to collapse partially when the holster is empty and that's a no-go for me.
Pancakes also eat up too much belt space for me as I carry speedloaders directly in front and in back of my holster.

I didn't expect a lot from the Mernickle based on how innexpensive they are but mines held up for (I'm guessing) 3 years of all day every day use. I love this holster.
Simply rugged pancakes have a big following but to me they are overpriced, too thick/heavy, and reholstering is more effort than I'll accept.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
El Paso #88.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
For hunting I prefer the Galco Phoenix or Desantis Dual Angle (not sure if still offered) as they can be worn strong side or cross draw.  Cross draw works very well when sitting in a tree stand.  For concealed carry the Desantis Thumbreak Scabbard has always served me well but there are many companies offering similar pancake style holsters.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to be a true connoisseur order up a Milt Sparks PMK or HSR. The wait sucks but their stuff is best in class.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Kramer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top