Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2019 1:54:54 PM EDT
Many moons ago when I was stationed in Germany during the early/mid '90s, one of the numerous pistols I bought NIB over there was a hybrid 1911.

It has a Springfield Armory barrel/slide and a Para Ordnance P14 frame.

Can someone provide some background information on this pistol?

Was this a collaboration between the two companies at the time or something?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
SA did some Para builds, so it could be that.

Para also started out selling double stack frames, drop on your top end and off to the races.

Could be either.  How’s it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Para Ord originally started by making their P14 doublestack frame as a stand alone for build it yourself'ers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!

This pistol was bought, NIB at the relatively local Rod-N-Gun Club.  They didn't sell used guns and this was not bought from a fellow GI.

I also bought a P12 from the same shop, but sold that years ago to an Army buddy.

This 1911 shoots great.

I was just curious what their story was.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a P14 with a Caspian Commander slide and Colt barrel.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The original Para frames were very good. If you bought an entire gun from them during that time it was full of "throw away" parts, however the frame, slide, and barrel were keepers.

When EGW built my P14-45 limited gun those three parts were the only things that remained.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
QC for para is across the board. Everything from pin holes to the barrel cuts. Sometimes you were lucky, sometimes you get one that you can never get the trigger right or it keeps breaking slide stops.
Maybe you’re lucky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top