Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2020 12:16:41 AM EDT
I'll start with with my LCP 2 .380 kept on having brass stick in the chamber and not eject properly. Sometimes a full mag would work, too many times around the 4th shot or so, the empty case would stick. I bought it in 2017. I thought more range time it would work itself out, but never did. Put it in safe, and just carried my Walter PPS m2(which is a great pistol by the way). Fast foward to 2020, I finally decide to send it in. Call up Ruger, wait on hold for 15 minutes, talk to a nice lady on the phone, blamo she emails me a packing label seconds later. That was 8/16, I didn't get around to shipping it until 8/31, vacation and being busy on my part. They get it on 9/2 in the county of North Carolina where I grew up. I got it back today 9/8 with a new barrel. Not one penny out of pocket for me. I am impressed. That is how business should be done. I need more Rugers. I see a GP-100 in my future, I need a strong no nonsense .357 mag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear all is well. I've got a couple 10/22 rifles and a Mark III pistol. Never had an issue with them but nice to know I did need service, Ruger will be stand behind their products.

I also had good service from S&W. Needed to send in a couple revolvers and it was a great experience from start to finish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Same here. I have several Rivers that run flawlessly. The one that had an issue came back within 2 weeks and has been perfect since.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Shoot it yet?

I had a similar experience with a Kel Tec PF9. Unfortunately, none of the alleged work they did was effective
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it yet?

I had a similar experience with a Kel Tec PF9. Unfortunately, none of the alleged work they did was effective
View Quote

Not yet, hope to soon. My .380 ammo stash is very low. I hope to know the problem has been cured in one box of ammo. They tested it with 24rds of black hills ammo with no isssues according to the paper work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot 100rds of Geco ball ammo today, with no issues at all. Need more .380 ammo !
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Save the brass and reload. My retired friend has been reloading for me using 115gr 9mm projectiles.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a similar situation. I had a convertible Blackhawk that I bought used. I was shooting up my 45 colt ammo in preparation to sell it and the transfer bar broke!

I called Ruger, and they sent me a prepaid Fed Ex label.

One of the things I didn't like about the gun was the oversized cylinder throats in both the 45 colt and 45 acp cylinders. On a whim, I told them about that issue on the form you send with the gun.

Gun came back 10 days later with a new transfer bar and two new cylinders fitted to it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had a similar situation. I had a convertible Blackhawk that I bought used. I was shooting up my 45 colt ammo in preparation to sell it and the transfer bar broke!

I called Ruger, and they sent me a prepaid Fed Ex label.

One of the things I didn't like about the gun was the oversized cylinder throats in both the 45 colt and 45 acp cylinders. On a whim, I told them about that issue on the form you send with the gun.

Gun came back 10 days later with a new transfer bar and two new cylinders fitted to it.
View Quote

Any idea on the age of the gun? What was the throat measurements? I ask because the 2012 .45 convertible model I just got seems to be undersized. I tried the 'push thru' test with a .452 lead RNFP bullet, and it was not even close to possible. My chinese calipers show what looks like .443 on all chambers of both cylinders.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Any idea on the age of the gun? What was the throat measurements? I ask because the 2012 .45 convertible model I just got seems to be undersized. I tried the 'push thru' test with a .452 lead RNFP bullet, and it was not even close to possible. My chinese calipers show what looks like .443 on all chambers of both cylinders.
View Quote

I would say 90’s vintage. Throats were about .454 - .455”.  The new cylinders they fit to the gun were .4515”. I could push a .451 bullet through but not a .452.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone else said it: Ruger should have the best customer service in the business. They get a ton of practice...
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never seen a Ruger .45 with oversized throats, that would be as strange as unicorn pussy.  I have the reamer to fix this, if I remember correctly, I've reamed 11 cylinders. I remember reading that they fixed this issue, and they were now .452 +/- .001, but every one I've ever seen was in the 0.448 -? range.
I sent a single six back once, it was out of time and spitting lead.  They fixed it promptly at no cost.  My 10/22 was a POS until I put an aftermarket barrel on it.  Maybe I should have sent it back?  I just figured that was par for the design, since all of my buddies also had jamomatic 10/22s.  I never got the hype about those boat anchors
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've never seen a Ruger .45 with oversized throats, that would be as strange as unicorn pussy.  I have the reamer to fix this, if I remember correctly, I've reamed 11 cylinders. I remember reading that they fixed this issue, and they were now .452 +/- .001, but every one I've ever seen was in the 0.448 -? range.
I sent a single six back once, it was out of time and spitting lead.  They fixed it promptly at no cost.  My 10/22 was a POS until I put an aftermarket barrel on it.  Maybe I should have sent it back?  I just figured that was par for the design, since all of my buddies also had jamomatic 10/22s.  I never got the hype about those boat anchors
View Quote

With my calipers, I get .448 on the 45 colt cylinder- I have not checked the acp cylinder with the calipers. I cannot push a .452 bullet through no matter how hard I push.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll start with with my LCP 2 .380 kept on having brass stick in the chamber and not eject properly. Sometimes a full mag would work, too many times around the 4th shot or so, the empty case would stick. I bought it in 2017. I thought more range time it would work itself out, but never did. Put it in safe, and just carried my Walter PPS m2(which is a great pistol by the way). Fast foward to 2020, I finally decide to send it in. Call up Ruger, wait on hold for 15 minutes, talk to a nice lady on the phone, blamo she emails me a packing label seconds later. That was 8/16, I didn't get around to shipping it until 8/31, vacation and being busy on my part. They get it on 9/2 in the county of North Carolina where I grew up. I got it back today 9/8 with a new barrel. Not one penny out of pocket for me. I am impressed. That is how business should be done. I need more Rugers. I see a GP-100 in my future, I need a strong no nonsense .357 mag.
View Quote
I had a similar problem with my LCP II. They also replaced the barrel to solve the issue.

I love a couple Ruger designs but none of my Rugers are factory original anymore. Their QC leaves much to be desired.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe the previous owner had them opened up?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#15]
The older Rugers were apparently found oversized very commonly,from what I’m learning as I research this gun  Ruger went full 180 and made them undersized to please the masses.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone else said it: Ruger should have the best customer service in the business. They get a ton of practice...
View Quote

There’s always going to be the haters. Ruger takes a lot of it based on the price of their products. I have a few Rugers and really never had any issues, on the rare occasion I needed something they responded quickly and it was free. Their revolvers shoot anything, some that will destroy other guns. I know there are loads in my reloading manuals that state “Ruger only”. Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks are much stronger than other single actions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top