Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2016 3:30:41 PM EDT
I have a new browning HI power MK III and the ambidextrous side of the safety is loose. I moves back and forth on the shaft from the left safety side, the roll pin is in place it has just become loose. Is this common? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a new browning HI power MK III and the ambidextrous side of the safety is loose. I moves back and forth on the shaft from the left safety side, the roll pin is in place it has just become loose. Is this common? Thanks
View Quote

Mine has a touch of play in it
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like I'm good to go.

Thanks Chase45
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one that does the same thing. Still works, it just has a bit of "slop" in it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Should be a plate that a notch on the safety shaft goes through, next to hammer.

Take it apart and make sure it is placed right, didn’t break through?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You can try putting a slightly longer spring in the grip, which should take some of the slop out of it by adding tension. It will be harder to actuate though.

I had an out of spec Anderson lower and I had to cut down the spring. I made it a bit too short, because it’s super easy to actuate now, and has a bit of noticeable side to side slop. I’m okay with it for now though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can try putting a slightly longer spring in the grip, which should take some of the slop out of it by adding tension. It will be harder to actuate though.

I had an out of spec Anderson lower and I had to cut down the spring. I made it a bit too short, because it’s super easy to actuate now, and has a bit of noticeable side to side slop. I’m okay with it for now though.
View Quote
I think you might be in the wrong thread.
Op, that would drive me crazy if shooting lefty......righthanded not so much. How much slop are we talking?
I haven't had an ambi in a while, but mine were never loose.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine definitely has a small amount of play on the ambi side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top