Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/16/2022 6:53:52 PM EDT
Recent production P30L I purchased used, Light LEM was confirmed via UPC code on case. I measured trigger pull weight of 6.25lb. Saw many similar reports online of 6.25-6.5 lbs. Supposedly should be around 5.5lbs.

I came across a post that said HKparts.net vendor has seen many P30 Light LEMs with the wrong FPBS.  I compared the pressure required to activate the block on my P30L vs my HK45 LEM Heavy and the P30L required much more force. Got the Firing Pin Block Spring - New Style - Light from hkparts, put it in and trigger pull dropped to 5.25lbs.

While I was at, I installed Hammer Spring For USP, P30, P30L, P2000 - Light, also from HK parts and got 4.5lb pull. This hammer spring is supposedly 10lbs vs 12 lb factory. I have not fired the gun so can't comment on reliability.

I also converted the HK45 from Heavy to Light LEM and it comes in at 4.75 lbs so they are practically identical from that perspective. The P30L reset is still too long though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Now add the heavy return spring and you have the Todd Green trigger.  My fav on these pistols

ETA I mean the heavy trigger return spring
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now add the heavy return spring and you have the Todd Green trigger.  My fav on these pistols

ETA I mean the heavy trigger return spring
View Quote
I have never felt the TG setup. How would you describe it?

@CTone03
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
With the light FPBS you've made it as light as it will go with spring changes.  By adding the heavier trigger return spring the pull will obviously be a little heavier but not by much; however you now have a faster reset so you won't outrun the trigger.  That's why Todd Green added it.  I've tried looking it up on pistol-training.com but some of the links are dead and I can't find it.

Even with the heavier trigger return spring it's still super light, and I have about 6k thru the gun so it's nicely worn in.  Everyone that shoots it says the same thing.  I already have a set in hand for the P30SK in my future.

ETA: I also use the TG 'rolling' trigger pull with both the P30 and HK45, where there is no take-up of the trigger - the sights are aligned on target and then roll thru the shot almost like a DA pull.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running the TG set up on my P30sk .
Minus lighter hammer spring. The sk is stock weight only.

I like it much better the standard V1 I've used for years.

Grey Guns short reset sear, with their Flat Trigger, 10-8 rear sight and Night Fision front round out this excalibur.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm running the TG set up on my P30sk .
Minus lighter hammer spring. The sk is stock weight only.

I like it much better the standard V1 I've used for years.

Grey Guns short reset sear, with their Flat Trigger, 10-8 rear sight and Night Fision front round out this excalibur.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55162/20220522_140050_jpg-2397238.JPG
View Quote

I want one so bad!  Next one on my list!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have never felt the TG setup. How would you describe it?

@CTone03
View Quote

Quoted:
With the light FPBS you've made it as light as it will go with spring changes.  By adding the heavier trigger return spring the pull will obviously be a little heavier but not by much; however you now have a faster reset so you won't outrun the trigger.  That's why Todd Green added it.  I've tried looking it up on pistol-training.com but some of the links are dead and I can't find it.

Even with the heavier trigger return spring it's still super light, and I have about 6k thru the gun so it's nicely worn in.  Everyone that shoots it says the same thing.  I already have a set in hand for the P30SK in my future.

ETA: I also use the TG 'rolling' trigger pull with both the P30 and HK45, where there is no take-up of the trigger - the sights are aligned on target and then roll thru the shot almost like a DA pull.
View Quote

Yup, when I had my P30L set up for LEM, it was light firing pin block spring, factory/stock DA/SA 13lb blue hammer spring, the LEM-specific trigger bar spring that seats in the frame (mine has the 4.1 setup which pushes the hammer back a little further when it's at rest, to shorten the first long pull; it uses a 'special' hammer bar spring), and the heavy trigger return spring. The trigger pull is a little heavier because of the return spring, but that's the only spring you feel at all - you won't feel the other ones, and you'll roll through the break like it's a revolver. There's basically no "wall"; the heavy return spring masks it, especially if you're pulling at speed, so it's one smooth pull until the gun goes bang. You'll never reset your trigger finger faster than that spring can push the trigger back out, so you can immediately get back on it at reset. If you're really digging for it you can feel the wall, but on that first pull in any kind of a speed situation, it's masked.

It sounds counter-intuitive but it really helps to control the trigger better, IMO.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top