Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2021 4:52:47 PM EDT
I have a thread in GD but I figured it’s more applicable here. Anyways I recently ordered some cherry balmz lubes specifically the rimfire remedy. Since getting a suppressor I shoot with it on exclusively. Disclaimer since I don’t want anyone to think I’m advertising. I bought this with my own money and use my own time and ammo to test this stuff out, bottom line it’s my time and money and I’m not getting kick backs

My go to lube has been whatever clp I have hanging around and that works ok to an extent. After getting the suppressor I noticed the gun gets dirty way quicker and previously i ran it up to 350 rounds or so and started having numerous malfunctions. I cleaned the pistol really well and applied the cherry balmz rimfire remedy this stuff is advertised as being awesome for “finicky .22s that could only run mini mags”

So now I’m running an experiment to see how far this pistol will go before it chokes hard and I need to clean it.

I’m currently as of today at 616 rounds and have had three fail to ejects and two light strikes which fired after being hit in a different part of the rim.

Overall I’m very impressed, the gun is filthy but cycles smooth I will continue to update this thread with each range session

I’m using the two included blued magazines as well as two stainless ones I purchased last year. The mags were cleaned with the pistol and are coated in carbon and won’t get cleaned until the pistol does

Current rounds without cleaning 991 4-2-2021

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I enjoy these endurance test until a firearm stops from not being cleaned.
It seems that with ammo prices however that not many can afford to do it.
Thanks and keep us posted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Ran 200 rounds to bringing the count to 816 IIRC. had probably 5 fail to feed on the first round with fed copper washed HP bulk pack. The issue did not occur using fed auto match LRN. The magazines have a thick coat of grime on them which I’m sure is not helping things run smoothly.

I will try to run 200 rounds a week until it chokes
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well not trying to be a smart ass but if you’re going to take it apart to take pics then why not clean it ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I just started using Cherrybalmz.  I haven’t actually shot any guns with it applied yet as I got the pack this week.  The two pistols and the rifle I shot today got cleaned and I coated the friction points with the appropriate lube.  All three were suppressed and two were rimfires.

My GSG1911 is setup to use an Osprey Micro that I got from Capitol during the “$99” deal.  It’s had LOTS of rounds through it with many cans over the years.  I gave it a quick cleaning and applied Rimfire Remedy.  It’s still kinda crusty so it’s not super smooth but we’ll see how it does.  The pistol is pretty reliable as it is.

My favorite integral 10/22 is my Liberty Pinnacle.  Again, wiped the crud out of the action and applied Rimfire Remedy.  The 10/22 feels much slicker than it did before.  This rifle and the GSG see a lot of rounds so it’ll be a good test.  I’ve got two other integral 10/22’s and I’ll get to those later.

I put Black Rifle Balm on my NP3’d Commander.  It’s got a Nowlin threaded barrel setup with CAM-LOK.  As it’s NP3’d I’m not sure how much difference it’ll make and honestly other than occasional last round feed issues with my scuzzy range bag mags it runs fine.

OP, thanks for doing this endurance test.  I’ll be interested to see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well not trying to be a smart ass but if you’re going to take it apart to take pics then why not clean it ?
View Quote

I took those in the first 300 rounds or so just to show how filthy it gets suppressed. After this test I will give it at least a wipe down after every range session like the rest of my guns get.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Ran another 175 rounds with 100 being cci standard.

The pistol had a maybe 4 fail to feed during the course of fire but otherwise continued to run

Total as of 4-2-2021 is 991 rounds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top