Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2021 7:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
Do you own one and what is your general impression?

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ProjectMayhem] [#1]
Tagged for interest. I read about these pistols on the Gun Mag Warehouse blog recently, they look like an interesting concept.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#2]
The fact that they are compatible with G43 6-round magazines is good as is the price even in our current state of affairs.

What is not so good:

Few holster options (CYA does make one)

The extended base 7-round magazines are OOS everywhere it seems.

And this firearm is going to be viewed as "obsolete" given S&W has intro'd the Shield Plus just like Walther's PPS M2.

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't recall ever having seen one in the wild and I don't know anyone who owns one and I haven't seen many reviews on them.  I'd be more inclined to buy the Taurus G3c at this time, just because I've seen far more positive reviews on it.  That said, I like guns and I'd probably buy one if I ran across one cheap.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#4]
I fondled an MC1SC at Simpsons maybe 7 months ago I think the price was around $329. Was really impressed with the trigger.

Obviously didn't buy one as I didn't need it but for some reason I want one...but am not paying $400+ for it.

The transparent magazine bodies are not ETS they are actually made by Browning.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I just might get one for a backup piece, especially if the trigger is really good. That, and I’d like to send Mossberg a bit of my money. I saw them on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago, and the prices seemed good for our current market.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
LGS got in an MC1sc $359 + tax.

It was one of the models with the "cross bolt" safety. Two thumbs down on that.

Also took another close look at the clear polymer mags. I just don't like them. They feel brittle.

Did not buy. Did not even consider buying when I saw that safety.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
MC1sc owner.  i only use the crappy ETS knockoff mags for the range. feed lips are way thinner than they need to be so i dont trust them.  I run G43 mags with Vickers +2 bases. Requires a little sanding on the top of the bases to positively engage the mag catch.  100% reliable, better trigger than a G43. Myself and another LE friend did a sxs with a 43 and the MC1's flat trigger is just hands down smoother than the Glock.  DLC finish is really nice.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
The fact that they are compatible with G43 6-round magazines is good as is the price even in our current state of affairs.

What is not so good:

And this firearm is going to be viewed as "obsolete" given S&W has intro'd the Shield Plus just like Walther's PPS M2.

View Quote

Etsy is your friend for holsters...$25...

Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Another holster option...Desantis Mini Scabbard, $37 on Amazon.  Needed something to wear with a suit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
I can't recall ever having seen one in the wild and I don't know anyone who owns one and I haven't seen many reviews on them.  I'd be more inclined to buy the Taurus G3c at this time, just because I've seen far more positive reviews on it.  That said, I like guns and I'd probably buy one if I ran across one cheap.  
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it looks like Mossy up and abandoned generation 1 (MC1/MC1SC) in favor of the MC2 with double stack metal mags higher capacity. MC1's aren't even in the catalog. Looks like gen. 2 uses same holsters.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#12]
NEW Mossberg MC2SC Optics Ready Micro 9mm - Review
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#13]
Earlier this week I fondled a couple of MC2C's (no safety both in "black" and stainless slide). I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

Workmanship appears excellent. Nice melted edges on slide. Grip texturing is very nice not too slippery nor sharp. The stippled areas on each side of the frame forward of the trigger guard are nice. Overall feel is good the pistols are slim and have a comfortable grip angle. Trigger is pretty crisp (some were better than others). Standard sights had big white dots for easy sight pick-up.

My only beef was the price: all models were $409 + tax are now $369.99 + tax and store manager is willing to knock off another $20.

SMGA is currently selling the MC2C with no safety for $331.29 free ship they don't collect tax that I know of. That is a very tempting price.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Earlier this week I fondled a couple of MC2C's (no safety both in "black" and stainless slide). I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

Workmanship appears excellent. Nice melted edges on slide. Grip texturing is very nice not too slippery nor sharp. The stippled areas on each side of the frame forward of the trigger guard are nice. Overall feel is good the pistols are slim and have a comfortable grip angle. Trigger is pretty crisp (some were better than others). Standard sights had big white dots for easy sight pick-up.

My only beef was the price: all models were $409 + tax. Admittedly cheaper than PSA's price of 450 + tax and shipping but still

SMGA is currently selling the MC2C with no safety for $349 free ship they don't collect tax that I know of. That is a very tempting price.

View Quote

Just spotted this thread after doing a search.

$320 at PSA currently, tempting.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#15]
The MC2C is still on my want list.

All the reviews I've seen describe it as reliable and unremarkable. Unremarkable doesn't bother me. Reliable is always the top consideration.

The 15-rd extended base mags seem to be readily available but the 13-rd flush fit mags are unicorn teeth. GunMag Warehouse had them back in stock but they sold out almost immediately. Yes, you can get them directly from Mossberg but you're going to pay $$$

ETA: Mossberg store is currently OOS on all pistol mags.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve had a MC2sc for several months. About 500rds thru it.
It’s very ho-hum but it runs great. I just put a Crimson Trace mini RDS on it and am still playing around with it.
It’s no Gold Cup but it accurate enough for SD duty.
Trigger is meh.
I carry it in a DeSantis holster. I did have to trim a little off the holster mouth to accommodate the RDS. It looks good tho. Holds the gun snugly.
I do like the slim shape. It lays flat on my hip.
Overall I like it okay. Mine was made in Texas.
Finally snagged a few spare mags for it. I carry it with the 11rd mag in it with the 14rd in pocket.
I hate glocks so this is the poly gun I went with.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 6:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#17]
This morning I approached the general manager of our local hardware store/LGS, presented him with the lowest regular online price for an MC2C, and asked him what he could do.

They were willing to shave off $20 which would make the OTD price $378 (incl. tax). Store is making a $10 profit on that price.

The online price is $331, no sales tax collected, and free shipping. The transfer fee was paid for in advance last year but the FFL is a 100-mile round trip to the big city.

I'm still mulling it over.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Night Fision now makes night sights for Mossberg pistols:

Here
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:46:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#19]
M*CARBO also makes a spring kit:

Striker spring
Firing pin/striker safety spring
"Sear" spring (trigger spring which looks identical to Glock's "New York" spring)

https://www.mcarbo.com/mossberg-mc1sc-/-mc2c-trigger-spring-kit.aspx

Mossberg MC1sc & MC2sc Trigger Spring Kit - Mossberg MC1 Trigger Mod & Mossberg MC2 Trigger Upgrade!

NOTE: A few reviewers ("few" as in two) say the striker spring aka firing pin spring causes light primer strikes and in some cases failure to reset the trigger. Problem goes away when the OEM spring is re-installed. No reported issues with installation of the other two springs (striker safety spring, sear/trigger/trigger return spring).

I suspect the issue is ammo with hard primers more than it is an underpowered aftermarket striker spring.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Mossberg MC2C Compact - Is it a Glock Knockoff? | Concealed Carry Channel
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Buy any Mossberg MC2C or MC2SC pistol and get a FREE Black Arch "Rev-Con" IWB holster
PROMOTION DETAILS:
Offers are limited to stock on hand; no rain checks are available. Offer is only valid for MC2sc and MC2c pistols. Qualifying purchases must be made between 7/6/2022 and 12/31/2022 and postmarked or submitted online by 01/31/2023 to qualify. Offer may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon, and/or offer. Promotions have no cash value. Offer cannot be sold, transferred, or otherwise bartered. Some qualifying models may not be available in all jurisdictions. This promotion is subject to any and all applicable laws, including but not limited to federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Returns of any portion of the qualifying purchase will require equal forfeiture of offer or amount equal to offer.

Mossberg reserves the right to end or modify any promotion at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Offer valid in the United States only. Further, California residents are not eligible for this promotion. All submissions are subject to review and approval by O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. If the submission is incomplete or unclear, additional proof of purchase may be requested. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery from the time of confirmation email.

TO REDEEM BY MAIL: Send your name and mailing address to:

Mossberg MC2 Free Holster Promotion
7 Grasso Avenue; North Haven, CT; 06473-9844.

You MUST include your store sales receipt and gun box end panel label which displays the product serial number and SKU number as your proof of purchase.

https://resources.mossberg.com/journal/mossberg-announces-mc2-free-holster-promotion
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:07:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#22]
MC1SC owners: Lanbo's Armory currently stocks the OEM 6 and 7-round magazines and they're on sale:

ETA: Sold out they currently stock no Mossberg pistol mags.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#23]
SMGA has the MC2C in a brushed stainless slide for $299 Free shipping and they don't collect tax outside of TN.

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#24]

What is not so good:

View Quote

Does the MC2 take Glock mags or is it proprietary?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:50:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Proprietary. Only the MC1 took Glock mags and of course it's D/C.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: devildog93] [#26]
My wife carries a mc2c every day. This pistol is an amazing find. Trigger is the low spot, but hardly a deal killer, just middle the the road. Love the pistol layout, the grip texturing in the right spots, only .9 inches in width, and overall pretty light. She doesn't want the trigger messed with, but i would bet she goes with night sights at some point. I really think mossberg did a good job with the pistol.

Put night sights on it this week. It takes : Truglo Sig #8 front and #8 rear (Part # TG231S1). I think they were about 60 bucks. I had a sight pusher for the installation. Also, she claims the trigger has self-clearanced and the grit feel is pretty much gone. I will clean it up and hit it with the gauge for extra info.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Proprietary. Only the MC1 took Glock mags and of course it's D/C.
View Quote

That ruins it for me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By wganz:

That ruins it for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wganz:
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:  Proprietary. Only the MC1 took Glock mags and of course it's D/C.

That ruins it for me.

I know.  There are thousands of designs of pistol magazines dating into the late 1800's, unless you're doing something revolutionary like FN's P90, for God's sake just use an existing magazine.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#29]
@devildog93

It's been a long time since I last posted to this thread. I did end up buying an MC2C with standard sights and brushed stainless slide for $349 and over the past 2 years I have wrung the hell out of it. It has been 100% reliable including installation of the M*CARBO spring kit (all 3 springs). I did notice that the one spring out of the three that makes the biggest difference is the sear spring (trigger spring) located in the rear of the frame. Mossberg pistols use a sear spring that is identical to the old Glock "New York trigger spring". You're just replacing the spring not the compressible polymer "V".

Should I ever encounter any light primer strikes it's a snap to re-install the OEM striker assembly spring.

I also felt some friction/drag when compressing the firing pin safety button so when I had the slide taken apart I gave it a light polishing which seems to help. The spring kit doesn't reduce the trigger pull weight by very much but it does reduce the notable "stacking" near the break. Again, that's the sear spring being replaced.

Since my purchase Mossberg has since upgraded the pistol to include an optic cut which is supposedly cut deep enough so that you can mount the red dot directly to the slide without the use of a mounting plate which also saves you the cost of buying a set of supressor-height sights (smart!). They also increased the capacity of the mags from 13/15 rounds to 14/16. I bought some more 15-rd mags but would like at least one more flush-fit in either 13 or 14 rounds.

NIGHT SIGHTS

I've taken this pistol to the range nearly every time I go there and am impressed enough with performance, accuracy, and reliability (not to mention the 0.9" width slide) to decide to add it to the EDC rotation but it needs night sights. At least two mfrs. list sight sets specifically for Mossbergs (XS and Night Fision). Ameriglo and Meprolite don't list anything. This leaves Tru-Glo. While Tru-Glo does not specifically list Mossberg I've read that any of their sight sets for SIG SAUER 8/8 will fit. @devildog93 mentions the basic tritium set. I am hoping that they have a compatible set in their "Tritium Pro", "TFX", or "TFX Pro" sets.

I have reached out to both Mossberg and Tru-Glo's support centers to get some more information and will post any responses.

HOLSTERS

Predictably holsters are something of a challenge although Etsy is a possibility. Slim Fit Holsters does make holsters for both the MC2C and MC2Csc and I like what I'm seeing although they're tad pricey. They do offer both an AIWB and an AIWB "Sidecar".

ETA: a search of Etsy came up empty for holsters for the MC2C but there are several for the old MC1SC as well as the newer MC2SC.

Link Posted: Today 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Straight from Mossberg's support desk re: Tru-Glo sights:

"The sights can be tapped in from either direction. The pistols use the Sig sights, #8 front and rear."
Link Posted: Today 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Saw this in the local used gun case.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Today 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DavidY:  Saw this in the local used gun case.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551633/IMG_20240424_141830772_jpg-3197122.JPG
View Quote

Pretty sure you should've bought that.  It takes Glock mags.  
Link Posted: Today 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: Today 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Straight from Mossberg's support desk re: Tru-Glo sights:

"The sights can be tapped in from either direction. The pistols use the Sig sights, #8 front and rear."
View Quote

Good info for sure. I will think about playing with the trigger a bit. For some reason with my grip I tend to get it in a little bind every now and then. I will keep trying to adjust around it, because besides that I think it is an excellent middle ground just about everywhere and a really good all-around pistol. Now if they can get apex to make a trigger I think I might buy another as a backup.
Link Posted: Today 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#35]

HOLSTERS

Slim Fit Holsters does make holsters for both the MC2C and MC2Csc and I like what I'm seeing although they're tad pricey. They do offer both an AIWB and an AIWB "Sidecar".
View Quote
Slim Fit makes good holsters.  I don't own any Mossbergs, but I've got a few Glock holsters from him and they're good to go.
Link Posted: Today 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Originally Posted By DavidY:  Saw this in the local used gun case.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551633/IMG_20240424_141830772_jpg-3197122.JPG

I'm very aware of the magazines it takes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top