Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2020 8:30:15 AM EDT
Is there a good guide / video with instructions for replacing all the springs?

How about just a general orientation?  Ya'll use a lot of terms and acronyms that are new for me.

Source of gunsmith tools?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sure there are Youtube vids out there but I am not familiar with them.  Best BHP investment I ever made was to buy the late Stephen A Camp's book and laminated disassembly guide  I think his widow still sells them on that Hipowersandhandguns dot com site.

As for tools, nothing but a standard punch set works for me, nothing special required.

There are other authors, books, etc. on the BHP but Stephen Camp's work has been the most helpful, I also think a lot of his articles are still live at the hipowersandhandguns dot com site.

Pay attention to re-installing the recoil spring guide, you can get it wrong and it will mess things up.  There is a good diagram on Camp's site.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
BH Spring Solutions has some excellent videos on YouTube and they make some handy tools for working on Hi Powers.

Also agree with Stephen Camp’s book.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
....buy the late Stephen A Camp's book and laminated disassembly guide...
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Careful with the trigger pivot pin. Only needs a punch, No Hammer, to push it sideways. Too many people beat up the pin, not knowing to move the spring out of the groove before removal.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I now have the Camp guide and his book as well.  Lot's of good info on his website too.  Thanks!

Now to get some tools...
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I now have the Camp guide and his book as well.  Lot's of good info on his website too.  Thanks!

Now to get some tools...
View Quote

If you have a MkIII or a late MkII, then you definitely want BHSS's specialized punches for the trigger pin.  They may not absolutely necessary (depends on your gun), but they will make your life much easier and you're less likely to ding up the frame.  Don't ask me how I know.  They would be my go to for anything spring or tool related.  They've got plenty of videos, too, and they're great to deal with.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am sure there are Youtube vids out there but I am not familiar with them.  Best BHP investment I ever made was to buy the late Stephen A Camp's book and laminated disassembly guide  I think his widow still sells them on that Hipowersandhandguns dot com site.

As for tools, nothing but a standard punch set works for me, nothing special required.

There are other authors, books, etc. on the BHP but Stephen Camp's work has been the most helpful, I also think a lot of his articles are still live at the hipowersandhandguns dot com site.

Pay attention to re-installing the recoil spring guide, you can get it wrong and it will mess things up.  There is a good diagram on Camp's site.
View Quote
All of this but make sure you buy that guide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top