Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2021 10:37:59 PM EDT
Just picked up a Mk25 to go with my older 226 Navy. Well Low and behold Houston we have a problem. It appears the mag catch is defective. When you insert a mag it will not seat and it pop back out a little. Will do it if you even try seat it forcibly. You also also you can pull a mag even out even when it's seated. Problem also appears to be worse when it's in slide lock. The problem is not consistent either. One time the mag will seat properly the next time it will not. All my mec gars mags work fine in my older 226 Navy . So I know the mk25 is problem. Well looks like Sig warranty will be getting a call in am. Gun is brand new.. Depressing to say the least. I don't remember them going over this issue in the p series armor's class years ago either. I know we discussed magazine catch issues but I can't recall this one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall reading a couple threads on the sig talk forum about out of spec 226 magazine catches in the 2020 timeframe.  The happiest folks just swapped in a new one themselves for a couple bucks.  But some folks sent them back for service.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just picked up a Mk25 to go with my older 226 Navy. Well Low and behold Houston we have a problem. It appears the mag catch is defective. When you insert a mag it will not seat and it pop back out a little. Will do it if you even try seat it forcibly. You also also you can pull a mag even out even when it's seated. Problem also appears to be worse when it's in slide lock. The problem is not consistent either. One time the mag will seat properly the next time it will not. All my mec gars mags work fine in my older 226 Navy . So I know the mk25 is problem. Well looks like Sig warranty will be getting a call in am. Gun is brand new.. Depressing to say the least. I don't remember them going over this issue in the p series armor's class years ago either. I know we discussed magazine catch issues but I can't recall this one.
View Quote

Update?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do decide to swap out the magazine release yourself, make sure do it step by step EXACTLY as prescribed.  There are countless examples of people who installed the mag release plunger backwards and either tried to unsuccessfully pry it out (ruining the frame) or had to pay Sig to fix it.

Follow one of these videos EXACTLY as shown (not my video)

Mag Release Switch Sig Sauer

Install Magazine Release for Sig Sauer P220, P226, P228 & P229

Example of someone who didn't follow the correct installation directions and tried to fix it on their own.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for not updating this post got tied up with alot of stuff.

Sent the gun back to Sig they replaced the mag catch. Total turnaround time was about 10 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top