Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2021 10:54:03 AM EDT
My Mk IV 22/45 tactical (4.4" barrel) doesn't cycle when firing eley, norma, or winchester subsonic 22LR ammo with my AAC  Element 2 attached which isn't a surprise. Cycling is perfect with standard and high velocity ammo.

The pistol is currently in stock config but will be seeing performance mods down the line but cycling suppressed subs in job one. Casual target shooting and the occasional interloping garden bunny are primary uses for this Ruger.

I see that many of the major Ruger aftermarket manufactures offer parts and kits that proport to remedy the cycling issue. Can anyone share experiences or advice on the best drop in setups to solve the sub cycling issue? FWIW, I'd also like fire standard velocity ammo reliably in the pistol without swapping parts. I don't use the hyper-velocity stuff.

Price isn't a big issue but I'd tend to prefer a lower cost solution, all thing being nominally equal.

Best Regards,
mLee
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
CCI Standard Velocity is subsonic as well and is always my baseline for cycling subs, a lot of them can be really weak. I'd suggest a Volquartsen reduced power spring.

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/4454
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Bummer about the cycling issues. How many rounds do you have fired?

Mine does pretty good with just about everything I have tried. CCI standard is probably my favorite load to shoot suppressed
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I had similar problem cycling old minimum velocity ammo with my 22/45 MKIV but it is not suppressed ... I installed a Volquartsen light weight recoil spring, which helped, but was still a little stiff... a couple of drops of lube in the hammer spring/plunger tube really helped smooth the cycling out...

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/recoil-parts/recoil-spring-guide-rods/vs3-recoil-rod-spring-assembly-kit-mkii-mkiii-mkiv-22-45-sku930000154-104036-194909.aspx
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Volquartsen reduced power spring.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Mk IV 22/45 tactical (4.4" barrel) doesn't cycle when firing eley, norma, or winchester subsonic 22LR ammo with my AAC  Element 2 attached which isn't a surprise. Cycling is perfect with standard and high velocity ammo.

The pistol is currently in stock config but will be seeing performance mods down the line but cycling suppressed subs in job one. Casual target shooting and the occasional interloping garden bunny are primary uses for this Ruger.

I see that many of the major Ruger aftermarket manufactures offer parts and kits that proport to remedy the cycling issue. Can anyone share experiences or advice on the best drop in setups to solve the sub cycling issue? FWIW, I'd also like fire standard velocity ammo reliably in the pistol without swapping parts. I don't use the hyper-velocity stuff.

Price isn't a big issue but I'd tend to prefer a lower cost solution, all thing being nominally equal.

Best Regards,
mLee
View Quote
I polished my bolt to a mirror shine. Notice a significant improvement in cycle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW- My Mk.II with Tac-Sol upper and SiCo Sparrow runs CCI Standard Velocity and Suppressor flawlessly.

Honestly, with a 4” barrel, most .22LR High Velocity should remain subsonic. Have you run the gun shooting HV through a chronograph? You might be surprised.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
scrub the shit out of your chamber. Once spotless. Examine to see if it needs polishing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top