Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2019 3:03:51 PM EDT
Would like to use C-More RTS2. It is 51mm long and C-More mounting instructions require .025" clearance on both ends to assure the sight ends do not contact slide. What is the remaining breech face thickness required for 9mm minimum power factor loads (147 gr at 900 fps)?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine was originally machined down to firing pin stop. Remaining breech face thickness is about .360" -  may need to remove .21" to fit RTS2 (51 mm long) - leaving a breech face thickness of .125".  RTS2 not shown in Sage Dynamics report (Third Edition 2019). I do know that a lot of competitors use the RTS2 with great success. The STS (46 mm long) failed in 800 rounds. RMR07 rated highly. My pocket is tight on the red dot and also has the recoil posts. I have failed two brand X red dots - first broken glass, second loss of vertical hold on dot.
Thanks for the good info and photos!
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top