Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2020 6:42:38 PM EDT
I think the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is the gold standard of IWB holsters.  I was about to order another as a gift, and I see that they have introduced two new models since the last time I ordered a holster: the Nexus and the Criterion.

I'm not interested in the Nexus, but the Criterion looks very interesting.  Essentially, rides lower than the VM2 and has a greater cant angle.  Does anyone any personal experience with both of these holsters?  Would love to hear your thoughts.  This would be for a Glock 19 of course.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both for glock 43 and like the criterion a lot better.   I ended up liking it so much I bought it for two other glocks.
By far the criterion is my favorite holster ever used
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had a Criterion, but the Nexus is great for a Glock 17.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
carrying a g43 in a vm2 right now, dont really want to cant my hand any more on the draw stroke and it's already plenty low enough to conceal while still affording a full grip at draw.   Magnets instead of snaps though, now that interests me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
carrying a g43 in a vm2 right now, dont really want to cant my hand any more on the draw stroke and it's already plenty low enough to conceal while still affording a full grip at draw.   Magnets instead of snaps though, now that interests me.
View Quote

Secret tip: you can order the VM2 with magnetic loops instead of snaps.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I've tried the Criterion twice, and it had no happy medium for me.  When positioned for best concealment, it compromised my draw and vise versa

Both times I quickly returned to the VM2 @ 3 o'clock. best holster ever!

Edited to fix shit because I refuse to get bifocals!

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, gentlemen.  It sounds like the extra cant could be a problem as I expected.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I've used the Criterion for the last 3 years and find it works better for me than the Versa Max.  My main carry pistol is a Wilson Combat ULCC and the Criterion allows it to disappear for me.  Prior to that I used a VM for the ULCC and a Sig 239 for several years with no issues.  Both are great holsters, you just have to figure out which works best for you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Secret tip: you can order the VM2 with magnetic loops instead of snaps.
View Quote
This, the magnets are life changing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top