Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2020 9:10:45 AM EDT
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1986140385

$21.67 for Mecgar extended CZ75/85 .40 S&W magazines.

I know some of you guys have .40's.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
how much does the basepad extend
below the grip on a 16 rounder?

and are these with the blue follower?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
CDNN had 40cal OEM 16 rnd P09 mags for 29.99 as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
No idea till I get them.  One of the guys on the CZ Forum said these are old magazines and Midway had them for years.  He also mentioned they were gummed up with preservative/rust preventative coating stuff and had to be cleaned.  And he said they had some small rusty spots on them.

When I get mine I'll look them over, clean them up and wax them up good.

Stick down?  I don't care.  If the 12+1 in the gun are gone and I need more, 16 is better than 12, no matter how funny it looks.  As long as it works.  I carry the M&P .45 Compact with 10+1 in the gun and two 14 round mags on my belt in the pouch.  Same idea.  How they look, at that point, won't be an issue for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both a sao 9mm and a 40 cal sp01. I can use my 40 cal mags in my 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Got them the other day.  Some small patches of rust here and there (some under the soft rubber sleeves and some other places where it was easy to see.)

Did something different this time.  Grabbed a can of Never Dull, a chrome polish I've used for removing rust on wheels, glass, etc.  Pulled a piece off the roll in the can after removing the rubber sleeves and started wiping the magazines down.  Cleaned the rust right off them.   When I got done the piece was reddish brown from the rust it had removed.

It's sort of like a wax.  You let it haze over and wipe off with a soft dry cloth.  I put two coats on the inside, outside and base plates/keepers.  We'll see how that holds up.  Only thing oiled was the spring inside.

Made for nice looking magazines.  

Oh, also cleaned the rust stains off the inside of the rubber sleeves so I wouldn't be putting small rust particles back between the blued metal mags and the rubber sleeves.

Have not loaded them up or tested them for function.  Needs a range trip.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both a sao 9mm and a 40 cal sp01. I can use my 40 cal mags in my 9mm.
View Quote

Mecgar mags are the same for the 40 and 9mm. Has markings for 40 on one side, 9mm on the other side.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got them the other day.
View Quote

@M1A4ME

How far do the extensions extend below the bottom of the mag well?

Also: Free shipping with code: FREESHIPPING828
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The sleeve is 2.25" long.  So 2&1/4"  That's for four extra rounds of .40 S&W vs. the 12 rounds in the magazines supplied with the pistol.  And the longer spring of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top