[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also wondering myself.....
View Quote

It’s a good deal if it’s worth a darn.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d bet it’s pretty decent, I mean Poland is generally regarded pretty highly when it comes to arms and ammo. I’ve used some Mesko 308 from the 80s and I had no issues. That’s a screaming deal for hot 124gr 9mm nato.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’d bet it’s pretty decent, I mean Poland is generally regarded pretty highly when it comes to arms and ammo. I’ve used some Mesko 308 from the 80s and I had no issues. That’s a screaming deal for hot 124gr 9mm nato.
View Quote

That’s the issue.. we don’t know how ‘hot’ it is. Could be like the SAR stuff.  I’m also concerned about the primers and if they will reliably work in a Glock.   I messaged the seller so I’ll see what they say.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a case
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote

@Jeff556

https://shop.tacticalshit.com/mesko-9mm-124gr-fmj-1152rd-case

I found a video in Polish on YouTube.. i think this stuff will be 2019 head stamped.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Ordered a case
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
After you pay the $35.00 freight it's .26 cents a round , I would rather go with a know brand with good primers that aren't too hard . SG has real Winchester 124 grain nato for about the same price landed. Why take the chance ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After you pay the $35.00 freight it's .26 cents a round , I would rather go with a know brand with good primers that aren't too hard . SG has real Winchester 124 grain nato for about the same price landed. Why take the chance ?
View Quote

The win 9mm nato from SG is .30rd landed for me after tax. I’ve already got several thousand rounds of win nato. This Polish nato looks intriguing and was .25rd delivered for me. Yea I took a chance but I think it will work out.  As a side note win nato has been spotty with sealed primers and projectiles.

.05rd is $50 on 1000, that’s a significant difference IMHO. But again, I was looking for something different than win.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered a case
View Quote

Nice.  I held out for as long as I could but desire got them best of me.

@whiskerz

Here is the YouTube video I found. . It’s in Polish so no clue what he is saying.

The video shows ‘19 head stamps. Not sure how true the following is but  I read somewhere else that the 20rd boxes are for civi and the 24rd boxes are for mil. Other than that not much info on this stuff.  

I’d like to run some through a chrono but all I have is a magneto speed. Maybe I’ll buy a cheap Caldwell
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s the issue.. we don’t know how ‘hot’ it is. Could be like the SAR stuff.  I’m also concerned about the primers and if they will reliably work in a Glock.   I messaged the seller so I’ll see what they say.
View Quote

Hopefully you try some in a Glock soon and let us know how it works.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve got a gen 5 19 and 34 that I’ll fire a mag In each as soon as it arrives… maybe a few mags as they both need to be zero’d.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#14]
1000 rounds of Q4318 is $259.99 landed plus tax at SG . Have you found a vendor that doesn't charge sales tax.?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’ve got a gen 5 19 and 34 that I’ll fire a mag In each as soon as it arrives… maybe a few mags as they both need to be zero’d.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1000 rounds of Q4318 is $259.99 landed plus tax at SG . Have you found a vendor that doesn't charge sales tax.?
View Quote

That’s OOS. I was going off their instock option which is 750rds for $209. After tax it’s .30rd.   The OOS option you posted would be .28rd delivered after NC tax.  The only in stock 1k option for win nato at SG ammo that is see is $359 per k.

The vendor with the Polish ammo doesn’t charge tax, Shawarms.. and there are several others.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#17]
If ammo is cheap, but not very reliable it makes terrific practice ammo. The reasons I say it makes great practice ammo (as long as it is safe, not overpressure) are:

1.  When the rounds don't fire, I can see if I have flinch or if I have good trigger control.

2.  When rounds don't fire, I first have to determine the nature of the malfunction before I can correct it.  The better I get at diagnosing the malfunctions, the faster I can clear the malfunction.

3.  Any time I have to diagnose and clear a malfunction, I can get better at dealing with various malfunctions.

4.  Between #1 and #3 my overall skill at both shooting and dealing with malfunctions improves.

I expect that cheap ammo won't be as accurate as my "good" ammo, and that is OK too.  All I need to know is what to expect from that lot of ammo.  If my "good" ammo will normally shoot groups of .75 to 1.25 inches, and the cheap ammo prints 2.25 to 3.00 inches I can adjust my practice drill expectations accordingly.  I won't be expecting the practice ammo to shoot 1.5" groups because I know the ammo is not capable of that.  However, if I am shooting 2.5" groups with the practice ammo, I'm only shooting groups that are a quarter of an inch larger than that ammo is capable of, so I'm doing OK.

All the above rambling is why I don't mind using cheap ammo for practice, as long as it is safe. and won't damage my firearm.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Is this stuff Corrosive and Berdan primed like the Mesko brass cased 9mm Makarov that has been on the market lately?

ETA: Website says "Reloadable" and Non Corrosive.

Hope they are right!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is this stuff Corrosive and Berdan primed like the Mesko brass cased 9mm Makarov that has been on the market lately?

ETA: Website says "Reloadable" and Non Corrosive.

Hope they are right!
View Quote

Berdan primers are technically re-loadable - just not easily de-primed!  

If the ammo is actual NATO mil-spec issue wouldn't it have the cross in circle marking?

I agree Polish ammo is typically good - shot a lot of Polish 7.62 tok in the day.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Interesting read on the history of Polish ammunition manufacturing

https://sadefensejournal.com/mesko-polands-ammunition-maker/
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#22]
So Repro WW2 ammo?  Interesting a ammo mfr would do that - however is it modern boxer primers and powder ?  Just repro packaging and headstamps?  Why use 124 if WW2 replica?

If they didn't use 115 why would they bother to use they would bother with berdan and corrosive powders
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So Repro WW2 ammo?  Interesting a ammo mfr would do that - however is it modern boxer primers and powder ?  Just repro packaging and headstamps?  Why use 124 if WW2 replica?

If they didn't use 115 why would they bother to use they would bother with berdan and corrosive powders
View Quote

The other link I posted about their history states that they made 124gr as well as 115gr during wwii. It appears the packaging is the same as wwii era polish ammo as well as the headstamps (with the 19 headstamp). I’ll verify once I get them.

I need to buy a bullet puller and a chrono
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That’s OOS. I was going off their instock option which is 750rds for $209. After tax it’s .30rd.   The OOS option you posted would be .28rd delivered after NC tax.  The only in stock 1k option for win nato at SG ammo that is see is $359 per k.

The vendor with the Polish ammo doesn’t charge tax, Shawarms.. and there are several others.
View Quote

No it's not, it's $259.99
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It literally came back In stock yesterday.  It was not in stock when you made your post or when I replied to you.

Either way It’s more money than the Polish Mesko. And again I’ve got several cases of win nato. I was looking for something different.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Ordered on the 24th and no ship notice yet. I guess the delivers in 7-14 days was optimistic
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ordered on the 24th and no ship notice yet. I guess the delivers in 7-14 days was optimistic
View Quote

Same. The 7th will be 14 days. I’m gonna call on the 8th if it doesn’t arrive on the 7th.. but it could be business days
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

@whiskerz

I emailed them yesterday and got a response today.  The rep said it will be out this week. We will see.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:24:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@whiskerz

I emailed them yesterday and got a response today.  The rep said it will be out this week. We will see.
View Quote

The response I got was to quote the website where it says delivered.in 7-14 days. It did not make it . Still no ship notice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The response I got was to quote the website where it says delivered.in 7-14 days. It did not make it . Still no ship notice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskerz

@whiskerz

Got ship notice at 3:47pm today. Ups tracking
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:21:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@whiskerz

View Quote

Got mine a few minutes before you did. Delivers in 7-14 days . More like ships at our leisure.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Got mine a few minutes before you did. Delivers in 7-14 days . More like ships at our leisure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskerz

Yea super slow to ship for sure.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#33]
IMHO, I can't see why anyone would want to gamble to save a few penny's on unknown Polish ammo ,instead of the best  top quality American made Ammo with a known and proven track record from a first class vendor like SG that ships fast . If it's rock bottom price your after check out Aim ,they have brass CCI  Blazer for $11.99 a box of 50.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
IMHO, I can't see why anyone would want to gamble to save a few penny's on unknown Polish ammo ,instead of the best  top quality American made Ammo with a known and proven track record from a first class vendor like SG that ships fast .
View Quote

I’ve gone over that at least one time in this thread.

To elaborate on a previous post. The Win nato that’s available to civilians has hit or miss sealant. It’s either seconds due to no sealant, or they don’t put sealant on for the civilian market. Still great ammo. But as I mentioned at least once before, this caught my eye as I was looking for something different.
I’ve already got several thousand rounds of win nato.. and several thousand of ppu nato (which is higher quality than win imho).
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

To elaborate on a previous post. The Win nato that’s available to civilians has hit or miss sealant. It’s either seconds due to no sealant, or they don’t put sealant on for the civilian market. Still great ammo. But as I mentioned at least once before, this caught my eye as I was looking for something different.
I’ve already got several thousand rounds of win nato.. and several thousand of ppu nato (which is higher quality than win imho).
View Quote

Strange, the last PPU 124 grain I got in 2022 was in a white box and the primers weren't sealed . It was also dirty and required my pistols to be cleaned more often than the Winchester.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Strange, the last PPU 124 grain I got in 2022 was in a white box and the primers weren't sealed . It was also dirty and required my pistols to be cleaned more often than the Winchester.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likely wasn’t nato spec.  Cases I bought were back around 2018 or so. IIRC they are a light green box and are double sealed. Either way, win nato has largly been unsealed in the last several years that I’ve bought it.

ETa: I bought some ppu 124gr that was advertised as nato spec about 6months ago from a well known vendor here. Upon receiving it was obviously not nato spec, so I returned it for a refund. It was in a blue box.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@Jeff556

https://shop.tacticalshit.com/mesko-9mm-124gr-fmj-1152rd-case

I found a video in Polish on YouTube.. i think this stuff will be 2019 head stamped.
View Quote

I have some 7.62x51 in the same boxes. Clean and accurate out of my M14.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have some 7.62x51 in the same boxes. Clean and accurate out of my M14.
View Quote

As far as I know , rifle powder is different than pistol powder, and the M14 is piston/opp rod driven and going to have less of a problem with powder residue in the chamber and action.  4895 is what I use in the .308 M14 ,and I never seen anyone/brand of ammo  load 9 with , 4895  ,and that is what this post is about .
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#39]
My ammo is supposed to arrive tomorrow
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My ammo is supposed to arrive tomorrow
View Quote

Same.  Do you have a chrono you can run some through?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Arrived!! Beautifully packaged, sealed primers, 2019 head stamp, with eagle etc. will shoot some this weekend and pull a bullet.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Double sealed

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]
No Chrono . The ammo looks like yours. Packed well
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 3:07:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

From Winchester's site below says velocity is 1140 fps on the box. On the table below that it says 1200 fps. Which is correct?

https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Handgun/USA/Q4318
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#47]
@Duck_Hunt    boxer or berdan primed? Corrosive? There is a thread in GD where some .308 turned out to be corrosive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
@Duck_Hunt    boxer or berdan primed? Corrosive? There is a thread in GD where some .308 turned out to be corrosive.
View Quote

@whiskerz yea I saw that thread

I haven’t shot any yet as I’ve been covered up with cutting trees, gardening, building chicken tractors, installing windows etc. I’ll fire a few today to see how they are primed and I’ll post in here what I find.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I haven’t shot any yet as I’ve been covered up with cutting trees, gardening, building chicken tractors, installing windows etc. I’ll fire a few today to see how they are primed and I’ll post in here what I find.
View Quote

I figured you had the one already pulled apart. Not really worried about Boxer or Berdan. Both can be corrosive or not. Just fire the empty case with a bare nail inside or at a bare steel plate . It will rust in a day or so if corrosive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I figured you had the one already pulled apart. Not really worried about Boxer or Berdan. Both can be corrosive or not. Just fire the empty case with a bare nail inside or at a bare steel plate . It will rust in a day or so if corrosive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea duh .  I’ll see if I can fire case on bare steel in the next few days.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top