Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2022 9:52:12 PM EDT
I had picked up a Mauser HSC in .380ACP a few weeks ago. To my surprise, it has cycled any FMJ I've fed it, and seems to like the Sig Sauer V-Crown self defense ammo. I only have the one 7 round magazine with it, and would like to snag another mag or two. The only reproduction mags around are the Triple-K mags, and those seem to be hit or miss on reliability. And I'm not exactly willing to shell out $100+ for another OEM mag. Are there any suggestions on what to do? Try a pair of Triple-K mags and if they don't work, deal with the warranty and keep sending them back? Just shell out the coin for another OEM mag?

This has found its way into my carry rotation, with well over 1000 rounds of FMJ and well over 100 rounds of the V-Crown through it since I've owned it. I'm honestly at an impass with this thing. I love it, but mags are the biggest hold up with it. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve never had a Triple K fail on a 1951 Beretta 9mm so I would give them a try.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I've generally have had good luck with Triple-K.  Not my first choice, but for a lot of stuff out there it's the only game in town.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My only experience with Triple K magazines is one I bought years ago for a Savage 1907 in .32 acp. and it has works flawlessly since I purchased it more than 35 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a used “American Eagle” HSC and luckily, it came with box, papers and a spare magazine.  I bought an extra magazine for it and it was a factory magazine AND it wasn’t cheap. It’s more of a safe queen that I’ll only shoot at the range, so three magazines is more than enough for that purpose IMHO.  “I” never had good luck with aftermarket magazines, so I tend to avoid them.

The HSC is an interesting design from year gone by and I mainly picked it up to go with my Mauser “American Eagle” P-08 Luger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top