Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2022 4:05:25 PM EDT
Picked up an original Mauser Broomhandle stock. When attaching the stock it fits perfectly. Goes on and off with ease. However when I inserted the Mauser into the stock I noticed my grips were too thick and would not fit. I removed the grips and it fit inside nicely. So I need to find some thinner grips.

I also have a Chinese knock off stock. My Mauser fits inside it just fine, but the stock wouldn't attach well to the pistol and would need a rubber mallet to remove it. Which is why I bought the original stock. I measured the grip hole in the stock and the Chinese model has an inch and a half wide hole. Meanwhile the original Mauser stock hole is only one inch wide.

Do you guys have any recommendations for some new thinner grips?

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Update: Well I ordered some new grips, but they weren't even close to being correct. Original grips were much closer. So I ended up just having to modify the stock a bit with sandpaper around the hole where the grips enter. Hate to modify an antique, but you can't even tell I did anything to it. Just needed a tad more clearance for the gun to fit properly. Looks great now!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top