Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2018 11:54:06 AM EDT
Is it normal for cases to come out with cracks on the side of the cases?  I just got this DE and picked up 2 boxes of Winchester 240gr JSP's.  Rounds are coming out with flattened primers, and cracked cases.  No neck splitting, just on the sides 2/3 of the way from the middle.  Brass seems thin, and the rounds are either FULL pressure or IMHO maybe on the hot side?  Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Gun has minimal wear, cycles like a champ, and accurate!  I was hoping to reload the brass, but doesn't look like its going to happen with these...

.44 mag split case pic

Case wall thickness

Primers flattened
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
i have never seen a winchester split like that !! I reload and shoot winchester new factory rounds .
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Primer looks fine, not flattened. It's still rounded on the edges. No issue there.

Try some other ammo first. Maybe you got a box with a bad batch of brass?  Remington sometimes fails to cycle some guns, but I've had good results from Federal and Magtech (and Winchester).

What is a Mk XII (Mk 12)?  Desert Eagles are designated Mk I, Mk VII (Mk 7), and Mk XIX (Mk 19).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top