Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2018 10:10:54 AM EDT
Just picked up my .22 suppressor and now I need a handgun host. I'm looking at the M&P22 Compact w/ threaded barrel or the Tactical Solutions TSG-22 conversion kit to use on my G19. They are the same price ($309, add $20 FFL transfer for the M&P). I know the M&P has a good reputation of being pretty reliable and not to picky with ammo. Anybody have experience with the TSG-22 conversion kits? Which would you choose and why?

TIA
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the M&P22c and its by far the most reliable 22 pistol I have ever had. The accuracy leaves a bit to be desired in my example but good enough for plinking.

The Tac Sol conversion I looked into but thought they were a bit expensive.

The Advantage Arms a little cheaper but still kinda high.

Id much rather have a dedicated 22 pistol.

And I would consider a MkIV as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose it depends on your intent - the TSG kit allows you to use your Glock frame with the same grip, trigger, etc.  The M&P .22 series are not full size pistols and not the same size as the M&P family.  That is important to me, but it may not be to you.  I have the threaded TSG22 kit on my G17 frame and it runs great.  I have only found that it doesn't like Federal .22 ammo.  It runs flawlessly on CCI Blazer and Rem Golden Saber which are both cheaper than the Federal.   The accuracy is good as well, I've never been disappointed with it.  I shoot it from 25 yards and in and it does well.  I have handled an M&P22C, but I have never shot one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a M&P22 compact for a few years now.  It's been very reliable.  Suppressed almost 100% of the time.  I've probably put 2-3k rounds through it.

I shoot Glock centerfire pistols and had also considered the 22LR conversions, but I've been very happy with the S&W and have no desire to make any changes .
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If you carty the G19, I'd get an AA kit for it.  My buddy has one and it's the bees knees.  I used it in an all day handgun class and shot 375 ish rounds through it with ZERO hiccups.   My instructor was impressed that it was the first rim fire kit he's had in any of his classes make it all day without a malfunction.   And I used cheap Blazer 22.  I even put matching sights on it for him that matches his carry sights, and my carry sights too.  So practice.with his kit is golden for me.

The downside is the AA kit requires the additional threaded barrel.

My next purchase is going to be an AA kit for myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top