Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2020 5:32:45 AM EDT
Looking for good light options for new pistol. Color is FDE.  5 inch model.

US made preferred but will consider other sources.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Surefire X300 Ultra

The shopping cart price is much better than the shown price.  I bought one for my M&P 2.0 9mm compact.

The fit from the back of the light to the front of the trigger guard was very tight.  At first I couldn't get it to mount, someone somewhere online had the same problem and called Surefire.  The work around was to loosen up the mounting bracket on the light before mounting, mount it on the pistol, then tighten everything up.  Works great now.  And bright as hell.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally like the newer gen APL, it's lighter and slimmer than some other options.
There are brighter options.
Have a couple, here's a gen 2 on the same gun:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]
There was another thread in the accessories section about which lights are made in USA and the general consensus was......
Parts are made overseas for most lights and are assembled here. Surefire, streamlight and one other I believe.

I just ordered a streamlight TLR7a for my 2.0 compact.

Here’s a link to the thread.
Made in America lights
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Had this for a longtime.  The Streamlight does look good on it, but I’m also looking at a tan x300U

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont have a 5" M&P, but I've used all the major pistol lights.

I love Surefire and their X300 series. I like the XC1 I fired at a range, and would like to purchase a "b" model. I've used the TLR lights, Viridian, Insight, and Inforce lights. Honestly, they are all good companies (I prefer Surefire).

That said, I am currently running an APL on my EDC pistol and another one on my nightstand. I like the paddle switches and the click or press and hold control options. I would get what you work with the best, and what fits your gun and hands the best.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I put one of the bigger rechargeable O lights on mine.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put one of the bigger rechargeable O lights on mine.

https://i.imgur.com/PATYKROl.jpg?1
View Quote

I like that rechargeable light a lot, not a bad price either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top