Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2021 7:45:08 AM EDT
Just noticed that S&W is offering a M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready model that comes with suppressor height sights from the factory.

My question is... What is the co-witness when paired with a RMR or 507C?

Anyone have one and care to share their experience? Depending on the height of the sights, this could end up saving the buyer $60-150 right out of the gate. I wish more pistol manufacturers would take this approach on optics ready models.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on guys... I know one of you has this setup.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The factory rear sight is way too tall on the CORE models and the irons shoot about 3-4 inches high at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The factory tall sights work perfectly with an RMR or holosun. I’ve tan both and there’s no reason to change out the stock sights. They’re a bit taller than what I would use on a direct mill gun, but they are still probably in the lower 1/3 of the optic window.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
With a vortex venom seems co witness what’s no issue.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
For a factory .405 rear sight you need a .340 front sight to have proper POA/POI.

For a factory .310 front sight you need to have a .375 rear sight in order to have proper POA/POI (I don't think anybody makes this).

Do not buy the dawson cowitness set either as their measurements on the website seem to be off, I bought a set a year ago and they were the same ratio as the factory sights, leading to me shooting about 3 inches high.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

When the sight blades are lined up, the dot is about an 1/8" higher. If I put the dot on the top of the front site blade, the front site sits about 1/16" lower than the rear site. I love the gun. It's my daily carry piece. It now sports a threaded barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top