Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 3:14:12 AM EDT
I recently bought a Arsenal Bulgarian Mak and the gun is in great condition but when I went to move the safety it would move. I ended up getting it to move with a lot of force after I took the gun apart and put it back together. It is still extremely hard to move but nothing looked out of place when the gun was diassembled. Has anyone on here seen this problem and know a fix? Ill probably just buy a new safety and see if it continues to do it but I wanted to check on here to see if anyone knew a quick fix.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By NoFear7910:
I recently bought a Arsenal Bulgarian Mak and the gun is in great condition but when I went to move the safety it would move. I ended up getting it to move with a lot of force after I took the gun apart and put it back together. It is still extremely hard to move but nothing looked out of place when the gun was diassembled. Has anyone on here seen this problem and know a fix? Ill probably just buy a new safety and see if it continues to do it but I wanted to check on here to see if anyone knew a quick fix.
View Quote

Both my Arsenal and Russian are hard to set to safe, but move easily to the fire position.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's one of the recent "unissued" ones, then you probably just need to work the safety a bit.  I just received one that seemed much stiffer than my old Mak, but working the safety 20-30 times as well as thoroughly cleaning and lubricating it made it much easier to manipulate.  I think it's a case of break-in on both the gun and the user, in the case of not having shot a Makarov before, or not having shot one recently.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The detent under the safety is a wire spring, you can see the little groove it wears in the slide pushing it back and forth. It's just the nature of the design. Work it back and forth, give it a shot of moly or Teflon lube and just grin and bear it, it's a Mak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top