Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2021 10:30:15 PM EDT
I have a Russian Baikal IJ-70 in 9x18.  It's a Makarov PM style pistol.  I really want to get a threaded barrel on it so I can suppress it and do cold war clandestine stuff.  I can't find any threaded barrels for it and I haven't had any luck finding a place that will do a threaded extension.  ADCO offers a threaded extension service but I asked and they said they don't offer it for the Makarov.  Tornado Technologies seems to do this kind of work, though there's no mention of Makarovs on their site.  I sent them an email.
Anyone have any other ideas on how to make this happen?
This isn't my gun but it's pretty much identical.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Morgan at Class 3 Machining

Be warned, a blowback 380 will not be quiet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I’ll give it a shot.  Mine is 9x18 but your point still stands about blowback not suppressing as well as other designs.  Still, it would be cool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Morgan at Class 3 Machining

Be warned, a blowback 380 will not be quiet.
View Quote

Check out the LONG thread in the EE. I don't think he's doing adapters any more.
"Quoted:

does this mean you are not doing cutting and crowning?

Yessir still doing that, if not threading after I cut/crown need it to be loose barrel only or if in action need trigger etc all out

Mainly meant no sight work, custom adapters etc

Thanks"

Try ECCO, maybe?
ECCO EE threads

Subscribed
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Good idea on ECCO.  I know they have a great rep for suppressor work.  I’ll shoot them an email.  I heard back from Tornado Tech and they don’t offer their service for this pistol.  
I do have a metal lathe.  I’ve never attempted something quite like this job but maybe I’ll start looking into what it would take.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really.  I haven't had any luck.  Much to my disappoint ECCO doesn't offer this service for the Makarov.  I've kind of moved on to other projects but this one is still kicking around in my head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top