Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2021 3:59:10 PM EDT
I've been shopping the last week for a magwell for a Gen5 19 and have it narrowed down to a TTI carry, Overwatch and the SLR. I'm primarily looking at the TTI and the Overwatch as the SLR has that gap on the back of the magwell where it meets the hell of the grip. I know a lot of people like the SLR but I'm not feeling it. The magwell is not a necessity due to the already flared magwell of the 19 but more of a dressing up/excuse to try one. The gun is not so much a CCW but occasional carry and carrying around the property and shooting a lot. Those with the TTI and Overwatch, how do you like them? Leaning towards the TTI.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't sleep at night knowing I gave money to tti
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No experience on the TTI, so I can't provide much insight.  I do have the SLR on my G19.5, but it's a bit of a mixed bag for me.  The thing works really well.  Does exactly what a magwell should.  LOVE how the front ledge lets you lock your pinky in for a solid grip.  

However, my gripe with it is how WIDE the damn thing is.  I'm really not a fan of how Glock flared the stock magwell.  it really doesn't work better than a gen 1-4 frame.  The magwell on the gen 5 definitely makes any aftermarket magwell have a much wider footprint.  Slap on that SLR magwell and the thing is insanely wide at the bottom.  It definitely prints carrying appendix.

If you get that TTI, let us know how it is.  I'm curious what you think.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SLR on a G35.4, and a Overwatch Have Blue in the mail from EE. I should be able to give you a good comparison when it gets in. The G35 is my USPSA gun, so it only sees mags with extensions. The Overwatch is going on a G19.5 carry gun.. What I like about the Overwatch is the scalloped front and back so you can strip a factory base plated mag. I would skip the Taran magwells personally. They don't work with factory gen 5 glock mag base plates.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a SLR on a G35.4, and a Overwatch Have Blue in the mail from EE. I should be able to give you a good comparison when it gets in. The G35 is my USPSA gun, so it only sees mags with extensions. The Overwatch is going on a G19.5 carry gun.. What I like about the Overwatch is the scalloped front and back so you can strip a factory base plated mag. I would skip the Taran magwells personally. They don't work with factory gen 5 glock mag base plates.
View Quote

The quoted part in red is not true. I have TTI Carry mag wells on a G45 and a Gen 5 G34 MOS and the Gen 5 OEM mags fit fine. Perhaps there is an older version of the mag well that does not have the relief cuts for them.

OP, the RSR Group (e.g., Lanbos's Armory) has the best price on TTI mag wells and mag extensions that I could find.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
monkeypunch, I would be very interested of your opinion between the two. After much looking, I think I'm gonna order the overwatch. I checked out some TTI extensions and they were nice but I don't understand the hate towards TTI or basically the owner. Yes, a little cheesy but his products are nice and when your a public image there will be controversy. I actually like his vids and insight but I do take it for face value.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
monkeypunch, I would be very interested of your opinion between the two. After much looking, I think I'm gonna order the overwatch. I checked out some TTI extensions and they were nice but I don't understand the hate towards TTI or basically the owner. Yes, a little cheesy but his products are nice and when your a public image there will be controversy. I actually like his vids and insight but I do take it for face value.
View Quote

The "Hate" towards tti is not due to anything cheesy...

Look up "TTI sexual harassment" and before you question it do a bit of searching and watch the video for yourself.

Ask yourself, "if Jade was my daughter, how would I feel about an old man (who is her boss) trying to get her to show her Pu*#$ on camera?"
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The quoted part in red is not true. I have TTI Carry mag wells on a G45 and a Gen 5 G34 MOS and the Gen 5 OEM mags fit fine. Perhaps there is an older version of the mag well that does not have the relief cuts for them.

OP, the RSR Group (e.g., Lanbos's Armory) has the best price on TTI mag wells and mag extensions that I could find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll do some pics once the overwatch gets out of usps hell.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Look up "TTI sexual harassment" and before you question it do a bit of searching and watch the video for yourself.

Ask yourself, "if Jade was my daughter, how would I feel about an old man (who is her boss) trying to get her to show her Pu*#$ on camera?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen the vid and I do see your point but thats all he has around him in the vids. Not saying I agree with it but the writing is on the wall. Anyways we all make personal buying choices with what companies we do business with.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate it, just tried to order one in black and its out of stock lol. Fedex has been killing me lately, oh the snow-bad weather. Used to be covid excuses now its the weather.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272212/Screenshot_20210224-185333_Chrome_jpg-1840104.JPG

I guess the two guns I have here that suggest otherwise are full of shit. Or maybe they made an update to the mag well but not the Website.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I guess the two guns I have here that suggest otherwise are full of shit. Or maybe they made an update to the mag well but not the Website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272212/Screenshot_20210224-185333_Chrome_jpg-1840104.JPG

Don't know. I was just going by what the TTI website says.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I vote Overwatch Have Blue.  A 17 but you get the idea. Works with all the basepads so far gen5 etc.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The lip on Gen 5 Glock mags is a little longer.  Is this the case with OEM Gen 4 mags?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I put the Agency Arms one on my 19. It stopped me from pinching my palm between the magazine and the base of the grip. I kept getting random blood blisters during classes when I was going a little too fast on seating new magazines. I had already shaved up under the trigger guard to get as high of a grip as I could. Having that raised arch at the base gives me a better grip since it feels like it drives my hand upward into a more solid grip. No issues with the 15 round mags fitting either. Installation was super easy too. I CCW with it and didn’t notice it printing anymore with the bevel installed. The only negative was it was expensive for what it is - around a 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a brand new Taran Tactical G19 gen5 magwell. Still in the packaging never used. I bought 2 of them by accident and used 1 which I love. If interested PM me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the offer on the TTI but I'm gonna go with the overwatch or SLR. More than likely the SLR but we will see after monkeypunch puts them side by side. I think with the way the gen5's magwell is flared, it will make both semi wide. I think thats to be expected
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amen brother, I would not give a dime to that FF (you know what FF stands for)....Surprised her dad has not worked that FF over, I sure would have....

To add to discussion, I like Overwatch, but I also feel the magwell on the Gen 5 pistols, at least my G45, is adequate....
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked the the Overwatch but it wouldn’t mount right. I asked for help from them as I really liked it and just wanted to mount the magwell.  Ive read it’s a common issue.

It would not screw in without cross threading. They looked at it and confirmed I had it cross threaded  and  then told me to send it back for a refund. Showed no interest on keeping me  as a customer.

So I went SLR and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I went ahead and ordered the Overwatch and received the item today and I'm actually quite impressed. I have not used the item besides attaching the item to the magwell but it is machined very well and I'm very satisfied. I had quick responses from a question I sent them and shipping was fast. I sent two emails to SLR and never received a response. Due to the flared magwell on the gen5's it is a little wider but no where as wide as I would have thought. Overall I'm very happy with the product so far. No pics as I not up to par with any image sites/photo bucket or whatever everyone is using. Any ways, it appears to be a quality product for it's intended purpose.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered the Overwatch and received the item today and I'm actually quite impressed. I have not used the item besides attaching the item to the magwell but it is machined very well and I'm very satisfied. I had quick responses from a question I sent them and shipping was fast. I sent two emails to SLR and never received a response. Due to the flared magwell on the gen5's it is a little wider but no where as wide as I would have thought. Overall I'm very happy with the product so far. No pics as I not up to par with any image sites/photo bucket or whatever everyone is using. Any ways, it appears to be a quality product for it's intended purpose.
View Quote

I loved the magwell itself.  Probably better than my current SLR.   It just wouldn't install correctly.  I wanted it to and only asked them for advice on how to fix it.  They showed no interest in helping me make it work.  Kind of a shame but if they dont want me as a customer I dont want their product.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I stumbled across a preowned but unfired G19.5 MOS a few weeks back that came with an SLR magwell and Ameriglo suppressor sights for $600 shipped so I snagged it thinking I'd probably not like the magwell and dump it and the sights, but I actually really like the magwell so far. I haven't shot it yet to see how it behaves there, but I've done a couple hundred or so draw and dry fire strokes with it and I love the way it index's each time. I'm personally not a huge fan of the glock grip angle since I like being good at shooting other pistols too, but the magwell with my pinky on it and the way it ever so slightly rotates my hand a little makes it feel like a normal grip angle and feel really good too. It also allows me to get my whole pinky on it with the slight length it adds.

This is my first glock with a magwell though I have had dozens and dozens of them that haven't had them, but I don't think it will be my last. I need to carry it some with the magwell to see how it prints and also shoot it at least a few times before I order them for my other 19's.

I can't comment on the others, but I can tell you that the SLR is at least dry fire reliable, fits very well with no slop, appears to be a very high quality product as you'd expect from SLR, and my dick beaters are happy with ergo's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]
This is also my first magwell on a glock and it feels really good. I'm sure the slr is just as good but it was the no communication from them for whatever reason. The outside of the magwells look identical between the two, only difference being the funnel. I wear a large glove and on a 19 my hand is wedged on the grip and I thought a magwell would make it worse but it actually helps or makes it feel better. I don't think it matters between the two.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got in a TTI Carry Magwell for a 19.5

I really like the form and feel of it.
OEM 15rnd and PMAG 15rnd seat fine despite what the website claims.

The only thing I've noticed is that it squeezes the sides of the frame pretty good.
No issue with unloaded OEM and PMAGs dropping free, but fully loaded PMAGs get caught up when dropping.

Could be seen as a bug or a feature, but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

I have tried the Overwatch Precision Have Blue. It has an awesome design, but I had hell installing it.
Ended up getting rid of it because of the way the lip pinched my pinky.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Thats odd having an issue installing the magwell. I really don't see what could go wrong and how was it pinching your pinky?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thats odd having an issue installing the magwell. I really don't see what could go wrong and how was it pinching your pinky?
View Quote

Like other have said here. The screw would not go in right. Stopped myself from stripping the threads a couple times. It was a dance of angle, pressure, and hand placement.

Pinch might not be the right term. But the lip came up and off the frame enough to be annoying to my pinky. I would have to spread my grip to make sure the pinky landed on the lip, not on the edge of it. I'm sure that very much a "depends on the person" issue.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Must be the tolerances in the glock grip, hole location or a bad magwell I guess. My buddy just received a slr so I'm going to compare them. The slr looks nice also and by pics almost the same thing except for the cut outs on the overwatch for stripping mags. They both look fine and I would get either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top