Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/24/2018 5:27:00 AM EDT
Had it for a few years now, never had a problem until a few months ago.

Even a loaded, heavy ass magazine won't drop free when I hit the release.

I did move from FL to AZ but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, I would think FL humidity would have been more of a problem then the dryness of the desert.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag as mine seems to hang up once in a while
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for when i get off work
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Issue with the mags being a little tight around the lockup point?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 2:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you know where they are hanging up? Any tactile feedback when u drop the mag?

Are these new mags or same old same old? Is your frame squishy?

FNX Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell!!!

Possibly the change in temp had a hand in it. I'm sure FN will help if that's the case.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine does it with the two different backstraps, on one backstrap the mag drops free the other it doesn't, been that way since the day I bought it.  The one that doesn't drop free acts like the old Glock non drops, I can see a very slight rub mark where the mag is touching that is not present on the backstrap that does let the mag drop free.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Check how hard you are squeezing the frame.  I can squeeze mine tight enough to keep the mags from dropping freely.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]
My fnx tactical does the same thing. Anyone ever hear from FN on the deal?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL, I live in AZ...

mine stopped dropping mags mysteriously after just sitting in the safe several months.  I had to return it to FN after paying out the ass for shipping.  They supposedly changed the mag release although really sure what they did.

AZ will be more brutal on plastics due to the dryness.

My theory is the mag well is just too flimsy and as the plastic drys it ends up changing dimensions enough to where the mags wont drop free.  I got rid of the gun ages ago so can't comment on what its doing now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine never dropped free.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL, I live in AZ...

mine stopped dropping mags mysteriously after just sitting in the safe several months.  I had to return it to FN after paying out the ass for shipping.  They supposedly changed the mag release although not really sure what they did.

AZ will be more brutal on plastics due to the dryness.

My theory is the mag well is just too flimsy and as the plastic drys it ends up changing dimensions enough to where the mags wont drop free.  I got rid of the gun ages ago so can't comment on what its doing now.
View Quote
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top