Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 5:16:31 PM EDT
Magpul just announced a 50 round glock drum magazine.

Magpul - PMAG D-50 GL9 / PMAG D-50 MP
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They are really cutting it close with this new administration coming in, better get them out quickly
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are really cutting it close with this new administration coming in, better get them out quickly
View Quote

For real
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
In for 5 when released.  I’ve been waiting on these for several months.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They better get it in gear and get the product out.

The attack on the 2nd starts very soon.

I hope to get two or three. I have the AR drum mags and love them!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll be getting a couple!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Any rumors on price point?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
“It is recommended that you install a new OEM magazine release on Gen 1-3 GLOCK handguns to support the extra weight of the magazine. Gen 4 GLOCK handguns will require an aftermarket metal magazine release. Installation of a new recoil spring assembly to ensure reliable feeding is strongly recommended. Individual variations between firearms may result in an extra power recoil spring being required.

Use of this D-50 GL9 in pistol caliber carbines (PCC) is not recommended, because the increased length of the feed tower will be partially unsupported in most pistol caliber magazine wells. This unsupported condition may cause premature wear on the feed tower magazine catch, and (in firearms which deviate from factory magazine well specifications) may result in improper round presentation and failures to feed.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Use of this D-50 GL9 in pistol caliber carbines (PCC) is not recommended, because the increased length of the feed tower will be partially unsupported in most pistol caliber magazine wells. This unsupported condition may cause premature wear on the feed tower magazine catch, and (in firearms which deviate from factory magazine well specifications) may result in improper round presentation and failures to feed."

View Quote
But yet on their webpage they have it hanging out of said PCC. lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
does it come filled with ammo cause empty mags are useless
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
does it come filled with ammo cause empty mags are useless
View Quote

No kidding. Value of the ammo > value of the magazine.

I would rather go with a pocket full of factory G 17 mags.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Pass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No kidding. Value of the ammo > value of the magazine.

I would rather go with a pocket full of factory G 17 mags.
View Quote

Plus a couple of G18 mags in the back pockets do not hurt.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Be fun to have something like that for my gen1 G21.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
“It is recommended that you install a new OEM magazine release on Gen 1-3 GLOCK handguns to support the extra weight of the magazine. Gen 4 GLOCK handguns will require an aftermarket metal magazine release. Installation of a new recoil spring assembly to ensure reliable feeding is strongly recommended. Individual variations between firearms may result in an extra power recoil spring being required.

Use of this D-50 GL9 in pistol caliber carbines (PCC) is not recommended, because the increased length of the feed tower will be partially unsupported in most pistol caliber magazine wells. This unsupported condition may cause premature wear on the feed tower magazine catch, and (in firearms which deviate from factory magazine well specifications) may result in improper round presentation and failures to feed.”

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/GZHd6Sp-56.gif
View Quote

Thats alot of bullshit for a magazine Especially if you have a few, or all, generations of glock19/17.
I wouldn't have expected magpul to have anything like that on a product.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thats alot of bullshit for a magazine Especially if you have a few, or all, generations of glock19/17.
I wouldn't have expected magpul to have anything like that on a product.
View Quote

Agreed. It’s definitely gonna be a no from me, dawg.

*..and I’m normally a huge Magpul fan.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a piece of shit.  They’re already making excuses for it and it’s not even released yet.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I have to say, I find it a bit disconcerting the way the drum wobbles around in the videos on full auto fire. I can see why the magazine catch could be an issue after prolonged use. If you watch Magpul’s D-60 video, there’s some shaking when the 5.56 version is fired, but nothing like the 9mm version:

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yikes.

Good find.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’ll be getting a couple!
View Quote

Not if your elected leaders forced rulers have a say in it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top