Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2021 4:07:07 PM EDT
I've been looking for a Walther p99 for some time now. Well I seen a MR9 at the gun show today a quick google search said they were a licensed copy of the Walter P 99. So I picked it up, I thought I was taking a big chance.After comparing it to my Walther p99c, I thing I'm going to like it.

Anybody else have one?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw your post on WaltherForum.  It's not a licensed copy, the frame was built by Walther in Germany for MR.  MR made the complete slide and barrel assembly here.

But you knew this as everything was covered in the other forum.

It's a very good pistol.  I'd pick one up if I came across one at a good price, if I didn't already own 3 P99s.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been looking for a Gen 1 P99 basically ever since I sold mine last year. Guy at a range made me an on the spot cash offer that I just couldn't refuse.

Ragrets.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw your post on WaltherForum.  It's not a licensed copy, the frame was built by Walther in Germany for MR.  MR made the complete slide and barrel assembly here.

But you knew this as everything was covered in the other forum.

It's a very good pistol.  I'd pick one up if I came across one at a good price, if I didn't already own 3 P99s.
View Quote

That's why I'm asking around.... there seems to be some difference of opinion... Regarding things such as licensed copy... joint venture... What a good price is?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah.   Understood.

Price is the stickler these days, as everything is over priced.  If I found a used one for $400 I'd be all over it, but personally I would not pay more.  The most I ever paid for a brand new P99 was $525, BTW.

Good luck to you sir.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah.   Understood.

Price is the stickler these days, as everything is over priced.  If I found a used one for $400 I'd be all over it, but personally I would not pay more.  The most I ever paid for a brand new P99 was $525, BTW.

Good luck to you sir.
View Quote

I knowingly over paid at $500 out the door. Especially after seeing what they went for brand new. I've been looking for a P99 for quite some time now without any luck..... I was willing to settle for the Canik DA..... It seems like the right decision at least for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats.

The p99 is an excellent pistol and I am sure your MR will be as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top