Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2021 10:34:52 PM EDT
Howdy. Occasionally I carry a CW380 when I absolutely can't carry something bigger. I have left the magazines loaded for about two years now and I want to replace the springs. I notice when I load the magazines that sometimes the last few rounds tend to take a more nose down position. This happened even when the gun was new and I had not had the magazines loaded for an extended period. I'm concerned that this is going to cause a problem at some point.

So the question is, is there a better spring to use? I was never happy with the spring tension from the get-go. Seems weak to push even that small stack up sometimes. Wolff doesn't seem to make one or any other aftermarket company that I can find. What about using a spring for the 7 round magazine in the 6 round magazine? Or what about using the mag guts replacement parts and not necessarily loading an extra round?

Just looking for as close to absolute reliability as I can get.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
MagGuts makes a +1 spring/follower combo for the CW380 mags, I've used them in numerous 9mm/.380 mags with complete reliability.
You could always install one of their +1 kits then download by one to retain factory capacity with less long-term spring compression.
MagGuts Kahr .380 Kits

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is no Wolff option, then I think you are stuck with factory.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely Mag guts. While breaking in my P380 they were more reliable than the factory springs/follower, and were doing great until I ran out of 380. I think the follower design is much better and keeps the rounds pointed properly better than the original. Not to mention another usable round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top