Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my CHPWS plate Thursday and I’ll parrot what others are saying, it seems pretty weak, the installation didn’t give me the impression of bombproof.

I’ve never been a fan of mounting multiple pieces together when you can direct mount, so I’m offloading my MOS for a standard gun + machining.

Plus now I see the owner seems like a total dick, I feel bad for supporting them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

...but it's not pushing it or a stretch...

Spend time around a lot of competition guys...it's a pretty well accepted fact among them.

I wouldn't risk our reputation by spewing BS that I pulled out of thin air. Guys out in the field shooting 30K+ rounds a year on MRDS equipped guns are reporting what I'm saying. That's not how we've built Primary Machine up to what it is now and we never will. You don't have to accept it. I'm ok with that. ;)
View Quote
Bruce I’m not questioning whether the mounting system is better or worse. I’m questioning whether it would make a difference in the life of the optic and how anyone could determine that it’s one system or the other or anything more than mere coincidence or even prejudice against one system.

By the way what your turn around on milling Glock slides right now? I need mine done. I worry too much to continue t carry my Glock 19 mos even though I had to drill the damn screws out to get it off to put this damn new plate you all talked me into. Red loctite is a bit too much I guess. 500 plus rounds and that bitch wasn’t about to budge. Twisted up about 5 Allen keys trying to get it off before I said hell with it and drilled it.

If I’d just waited a day or two I would have just left it on since you guys figured out its subpar at best.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So, while I will not post the entire email, as it was lengthy,  Buck does seem to have had an epiphany....

There have been design changes to the V3 plate, most notably with the front recoil indexing posts.  These have been rendered complete and "round" so they can absorb more of the recoil impulse thereby relieving stress from the mounting posts.  Unfortunately it is still not being made of steel, or 7075 aluminum, but it's a step.

Continue to write and provide valid input from a professional perspective, and we may get somewhere here.

This is how the message was ended...

"Sorry and I appreciate the heads up.  Seldom do we get real input from real dudes and I apologize for any perceived sarcasm I might have blended into a response.  The internet is full of gun expert design engineers :)"

I may take him up on the offer to send a new mount to try, but i am still of the opinion, the mounting screws need to be larger (at least 5-40 x 3/8) and it should be made from stronger materials, but it's a step.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, while I will not post the entire email, as it was lengthy,  Buck does seem to have had an epiphany....

There have been design changes to the V3 plate, most notably with the front recoil indexing posts.  These have been rendered complete and "round" so they can absorb more of the recoil impulse thereby relieving stress from the mounting posts.  Unfortunately it is still not being made of steel, or 7075 aluminum, but it's a step.

Continue to write and provide valid input from a professional perspective, and we may get somewhere here.

"Sorry and I appreciate the heads up.  Seldom do we get real input from real dudes and I apologize for any perceived sarcasm I might have blended into a response.  The internet is full of gun expert design engineers :)"

I may take him up on the offer to send a new mount to try, but i am still of the opinion, the mounting screws need to be larger (at least 5-40 x 3/8) and it should be made from stronger materials, but it's a step.
View Quote
Now make it out of steel and get rid of the threaded post that are to thin to add any benefit and I’ll buy one.  I think he should do a Geissele style torture test video to show how wonderful his mounts are.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I really don’t get why he insists on using aluminum.  This guy is completely in denial.  To top it off he is basically admitting that his claims of 100k testing was completely bs as we already suspected
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ah you played the duty card and became a "Real Dude" in his mind. He's worried about the internet being full of gun expert design engineers, I'm more worried about his incompetency in designing a mount for a 1.2 oz sight. Hell I'm a Chef, I work with noodles an aioli, and I could get this correct the first time...No V1, V2, V3. Does that make me an internet design expert? Hmmm. I might add that to my resume  I could go as far to say that I was the one who suggested the full round lugs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up the g19 today. Installed the SICO barrel, gl429 sights, x300v and rmr hrs on the CH plate.

First impressions are the ch supplied screws for mounting the rmr were TIGHT going into the threaded post, but they did go in. I haven’t fired a shot with it yet, but it seems like it’s going to work nicely, and I’m happy with it so far. The only improvement I can see would be to make this out of steel, but I think this will work and be reliable. Time will tell

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Picked up the g19 today. Installed the SICO barrel, gl429 sights, x300v and rmr hrs on the CH plate.

First impressions are the ch supplied screws for mounting the rmr were TIGHT going into the threaded post, but they did go in. I haven’t fired a shot with it yet, but it seems like it’s going to work nicely, and I’m happy with it so far. The only improvement I can see would be to make this out of steel, but I think this will work and be reliable. Time will tell

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/BE494FFB-84BE-4391-904E-E7590D176B54_jpeg-936928.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/BF437995-3512-4899-8E99-9518DF7E09A6_jpeg-936929.JPG
View Quote
looks good, but please go shoot at least 500 rounds through it before you trust your life to it. Maybe try cycling the slide using the rmr too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#10]
And drop it once, too, please.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#11]
My C&H V3 plate  has 1300 rds so far and has been cycled using my hand on the RMR to rack it plenty of times. It’s holding up fine so far.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
looks good, but please go shoot at least 500 rounds through it before you trust your life to it. Maybe try cycling the slide using the rmr too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/BE494FFB-84BE-4391-904E-E7590D176B54_jpeg-936928.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463094/BF437995-3512-4899-8E99-9518DF7E09A6_jpeg-936929.JPG
She will see plenty of rounds through her before I’ll rely on it. Same with any other gun.
In following this thread, it seems the issues have not been with the RMR plate. There has actually been good feedback for the RMR plate in this thread. Unless I’ve missed some, the issues I’ve seen come up have been with the dpp plate.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Screws need to thread through the post to the bottom of the plate without touching or at the most slightly touching the slide underneath.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Can anyone post pics of the screws and the plate attached.  I'd like to see the interface and if they come close to passing all the way to the end.  You can't use bigger screws, since the post must pass thru the RMR.  Bigger screws means thinner material for the posts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can anyone post pics of the screws and the plate attached.  I'd like to see the interface and if they come close to passing all the way to the end.  You can't use bigger screws, since the post must pass thru the RMR.  Bigger screws means thinner material for the posts.
View Quote
I will do this later this evening. I have to take mine back apart anyways to Loctite the screws.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent my mount back this morning as well as sent out my slide for the Agency AOS conversion from the MOS.  I'm not looking forward to the long wait (10-12 weeks) but I know the cut will be right, and the plate (steel) will hold up to just about anything.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I will do this later this evening. I have to take mine back apart anyways to Loctite the screws.
View Quote
k

A BIG thank you!
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
k

A BIG thank you!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

k

A BIG thank you!  
@DOE The pics are horrible, but with the rmr on the plate the screws are a very small hair from being flush with the bottom of the plate.  I’m satisfied so far. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think unfortunately when it comes to the threads, it's just a lose/lose situation no matter how you cut it.

With raised bosses with internal threads, it's thin. Without raised bosses and internal threads, you get very little actual thread engagement - which still isn't ideal. The only good solution would be to not have them raised, but make the plate .050" or so thicker to get that extra 1-1.5 turns of thread engagement. But then you're raising the height of the optic on a system that is already considerably higher than ideal.
View Quote
I'm not an engineer, but what if you did a half height boss and a shoulder bolt? Would that be any stronger or the worse of both options?

... do they even make shoulder bolts that small?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think unfortunately when it comes to the threads, it's just a lose/lose situation no matter how you cut it.

With raised bosses with internal threads, it's thin. Without raised bosses and internal threads, you get very little actual thread engagement - which still isn't ideal. The only good solution would be to not have them raised, but make the plate .050" or so thicker to get that extra 1-1.5 turns of thread engagement. But then you're raising the height of the optic on a system that is already considerably higher than ideal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now make it out of steel and get rid of the threaded post that are to thin to add any benefit and I’ll buy one.  I think he should do a Geissele style torture test video to show how wonderful his mounts are.

I just don’t see how the threaded posts do any good at all when they’re that thin.  Sure, there’s more thread engagement but the walls are so thin that you can’t torque the screw any tighter which defeats the whole purpose of more thread engagement.  Am I missing something?  They’re literally calling for 6 in/lbs of torque.  I doubt anyone here has a torque driver with a setting that low.  Maybe that’s intentional so they can claim improper installation is the reason for failure.  For comparison, the factory, steel MOS plate is a similar thickness with no threaded post and you can safely torque the screws to 15 in/lbs.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I emailed them today about the posts shearing off when mine dropped and they said they are sending me out a new one. Mentioned that they know why the posts sheared off and the issue has been addressed. I'm interested to see the changes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Again, thanks for posting the pic.  What if you dove tail the RMR and base?  Ala Romeo 1.  Sig does that to the P320 series and the other guns for it.  That would take care of fore and aft movement.  Eliminate the bosses and thread to a steel plate.  6 lbs of torque?  Wow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Again, thanks for posting the pick.  What if you dove tail the RMR and base?  Ala Romeo 1.  Sig does that to the P320 series and the other guns for it.  That would take care of fore and aft movement.  Eliminate the bosses and thread to a steel plate.  6 lbs of torque?  Wow.
View Quote
Not sure how you're supposed to do 6lb of torque either. All of the "normal" torque drivers for gunsmithing I can find start at 10lb. Brownells has one listed as going as low as 6lb, but it's discontinued. There's one on Amazon that'll go that low, but it's $150.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not sure how you're supposed to do 6lb of torque either. All of the "normal" torque drivers for gunsmithing I can find start at 10lb. Brownells has one listed as going as low as 6lb, but it's discontinued. There's one on Amazon that'll go that low, but it's $150.
View Quote
[6 foot pounds is 72 inch pounds.
Math

I like my bigger Tekton torque wrench, i'm sure this one is good too.

INCH POUNDS!

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
6 foot pounds is 72 inch pounds.
Math

www.amazon.com/dp/B00C5ZL2EG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Math

No, the directions call for 6 in/lbs. Please don’t try putting 72in/lbs of torque on the CH Precision plate!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No, the directions call for 6 in/lbs. Please don’t try putting 72in/lbs of torque on the CH Precision plate!
View Quote
Haha That's a bit different!

I don't like these beam style but it's a lot cheaper than the others that go that low.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Math

FWIW I could not have gotten the rmr screws tight enough if I was sticking to the 6in/lb recommendation. I didn’t use a torque wrench, but I’m not a gorilla with a wrench either.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve run approximately 1400 rounds through my G34.5 MOS with the CH plate with no issues. I’ll update if that changes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Another 350 rds through it with c&H plate. Total of 1600 now. Still no issues. Lots of holstering and racking slide with hand on RMR
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#32]
2000 rounds of that snappy .40 cal with #2 Glock plate and Trijicon thin base plate on the RMR....no issues.    Not sure whats wrong...maybe I installed it correctly..........?

Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered these:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Should have gotten torx
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't know if it will help but I sent an email to Agency Arms and asked that they build an MOS mounting plate based off their AOS design that does not require having the AOS system installed, for those of us who just want to mount on our end.

Those of you thinking of selling your MOS guns, you can probably trade your MOS slide for a non-MOS slide like I did OR the AOS system looks fucking legit and they DO offer it on the GLOCK MOS handguns.

http://www.agencyarms.com/agency-optic-system-aos-cut
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She will see plenty of rounds through her before I'll rely on it. Same with any other gun.
In following this thread, it seems the issues have not been with the RMR plate. There has actually been good feedback for the RMR plate in this thread. Unless I've missed some, the issues I've seen come up have been with the dpp plate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First impressions are the ch supplied screws for mounting the rmr were TIGHT going into the threaded post, but they did go in. I haven't fired a shot with it yet, but it seems like it's going to work nicely, and I'm happy with it so far. The only improvement I can see would be to make this out of steel, but I think this will work and be reliable. Time will tell

She will see plenty of rounds through her before I'll rely on it. Same with any other gun.
In following this thread, it seems the issues have not been with the RMR plate. There has actually been good feedback for the RMR plate in this thread. Unless I've missed some, the issues I've seen come up have been with the dpp plate.
Also please give this test try and let us know how it holds up!

JagerWerks RMR cut with their special screws.

Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2000 rounds of that snappy .40 cal with #2 Glock plate and Trijicon thin base plate on the RMR....no issues.    Not sure whats wrong...maybe I installed it correctly..........?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47798562442_f2354411e6_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47798562772_71bbeb89d2_c.jpg
View Quote
Well it’s good enough for USSOCOM after all
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you taken your 19 with CH plate out yet?   Curious of your feedback.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not even fired a shot through it yet. I will update when I do give it a work out. 4 kids and a list of projects a mile long have had me pinned down for about a year now. I’ve got a custom rifle I had built 1.5yrs ago that hasn’t seen the first round yet .

I will run a few hundred through the 19 here shortly though, as it will be going on a trip at the end of June with me. Will post an update when I do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#40]
200 more rds through C&H plate today, along with 3 slide racks using RMR from picnic table. Still going strong
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Disregard the use of steel for a thin, stressed part; Check

Use the cheddar cheese of the gun world (6061) cause it's easy to machine; Check.

Reduce the front lugs from the OEM full round to half round; Check.

"Fill the gap" of the OEM plate while somehow making more play; Check

Use the smallest screws available without breaking out the sunglass repair kit; Check

Break the "Mark Larue Rule" (If ur gonna be gruff to people make sure your products are awesome); Check

Someone will do this right, but it won't come out of this shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Superior design my ass.  Anyone can claim what they want but without documented proof it’s only BS.
Disregard the use of steel for a thin, stressed part; Check

Use the cheddar cheese of the gun world (6061) cause it's easy to machine; Check.

Reduce the front lugs from the OEM full round to half round; Check.

"Fill the gap" of the OEM plate while somehow making more play; Check

Use the smallest screws available without breaking out the sunglass repair kit; Check

Break the "Mark Larue Rule" (If ur gonna be gruff to people make sure your products are awesome); Check

Someone will do this right, but it won't come out of this shop.
The guy sounds like a dick.  My first reaction was no way would I buy something from him EVER.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And more....

"I could write a thesis on why aluminum is better than steel in this case.  If steel was the answer, the RMR body would be made of steel and the polymer frame pistol you're mounting it to would be a 1911.  Material science has come a long way and in this case, aluminum is just as good or better for many reasons.

Seems as though the product can have NO FLAWS.  It's all the end users.  Clearly.
View Quote
There's a reason why the frame rails molded into the polymer frame pistol are stainless steel not aluminium.

How're the V4 MOS plates working out?
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Another 300 rds thru my V3 plate and it’s still going strong. At 2k rds now. I still want an agency AOS to replace it but it’s going good right now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#45]
All this talk about the weaknesses of the MOS plates seems contrary to what's being posted here...

G19 in the SF communities

Sounds like running the Glock MOS as designed by Glock won't get you kilt in da streetz.   I don't know.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All this talk about the weaknesses of the MOS plates seems contrary to what's being posted here...

G19 in the SF communities

Sounds like running the Glock MOS as designed by Glock won't get you kilt in da streetz.   I don't know.  
View Quote
Exactly ^^.  I bought the correct Trijicon plate in case the CH plate doesn’t work out(I’ve got no reason to be believe it won’t). I think this will collect dust in the parts bin

An update, I finally went out yesterday and shot 3 mags out of my 19.5 mos with ch plate and rmr hrs.  Zeroed the dot, and it held fine in the three mags I shot. I plan on shooting another 500-1000 before I fully trust it, but I really feel it will work great, rmr screws are basically flush with the bottom of the plate.. I like it.

As a side note the GL429 Sights are perfect for this set up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#47]
@Honda4828

Enlighten us on the "correct" Trijicon plate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
@Honda4828

Enlighten us on the "correct" Trijicon plate.
View Quote
@DOE  it’s the Trijicon RMR mount kit # AC32064.  This was covered on page 1 of this thread. It includes a sealing plate and the correct length screws for use with the mos plate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I have thousands of rounds through two of their RMR plates with no issues (I believe it may be an older variant since I've had them for a while).  I originally used them with the sealing plates and recently removed the plates as I felt they werent terribly necessary with the wider plate.  With that said I don't really rack my optic off stuff but they eat a steady supply of NATO ammo.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Gotcha on the kit.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top