Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Duffy, I think I know the answer but wanted to confirm real quick. I have two FCD plates on two G19s with RMRs and I love them. I recently picked up a third and a Halosun 507c and I believe based on the replies above that the OPF-G will work with the 507c correct?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It mostly likely will, be sure to use the shorter set of the screws that came with your H sights, not the longer sets, nor the ones we supply with the OPF-G, RMR.

Most plates are as though they were made for 507c, can't speak to 507c v2 or any other versions within 507c.  I don't follow H sights and versioning, only that even within the same model, v1 and v2 may be different.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It mostly likely will, be sure to use the shorter set of the screws that came with your H sights, not the longer sets, nor the ones we supply with the OPF-G, RMR.

Most plates are as though they were made for 507c, can't speak to 507c v2 or any other versions within 507c.  I don't follow H sights and versioning, only that even within the same model, v1 and v2 may be different.
View Quote

Thank you. Mine ins a v2. I'm going to buy another plate and try it. If it doesn't work...they I might use it as an excuse to buy another RMR
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Or get an RMRcc and wait for the RMRcc plate in couple of weeks
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
@Duffy

Everything on schedule?  How's your move coming along?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Both RMRcc and DPP plates will be shipped to our new TX address after the move, DPP first, RMRcc to follow in a week or so.

UPS lost our batch of RMR plates, so they're still out of stock

15th is the big day, I've lived in Malibu and Palisades since 1984, I don't feel sad, only relief and long overdue justice, CA doesn't deserve us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an extra 05, 07 and 08 plate.

05 is for docter, meopta, insight
07 is for c-more
08 is for Leopold.

If anyone wants a plate, let me know. I'll mail it out to you.
Only the plate, you will have to source your own screws.

1 per person please.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Both RMRcc and DPP plates will be shipped to our new TX address after the move, DPP first, RMRcc to follow in a week or so.

UPS lost our batch of RMR plates, so they're still out of stock

15th is the big day, I've lived in Malibu and Palisades since 1984, I don't feel sad, only relief and long overdue justice, CA doesn't deserve us.
View Quote

Where in Texas are you moving?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Midlothian
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not called Kalifornia for nothing.  

Texas....where everyone's nice, since everyone's carrying.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
OPF-G, RMR and OPF-G, RMRcc (for full sized Glocks) will be ready next week.

We're still waiting for the moving truck to arrive at our new location in TX, everyone in the family has made it today, but we're still waiting for some supplies to get here next week.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:OPFG, RMR and OPFG, RMRcc (for full sized Glocks) will be ready next week.
View Quote

DDP plate got delayed a little?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh yeah I forgot about DPP plates, OPF-G, DPP will be ready next week as well :)
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Screws have variances, sometimes the screws are slightly longer and have to be filed down.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#16]
OPF-G, RMRcc will be ready in a week or so, just waiting for the sight to plate screws which we'll be including to arrive.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for sitrep. Just curious... How many plates have you manufactured?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Not that many RMRcc and DPP plates, we always do fewer for first runs

We're testing the waters with both, especially RMRcc, since it's not in wide use as the RMR.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I was referring to the standard RMRs.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#20]
A few thousands so far

We went from zero presence to where we're positioned in the aftermarket MOS adapter market in a short time, thanks to all of you guys in this thread, on arfcom, folks that gave us a chance, maybe based on our AR presence (or not), agencies that have tested and approved it, and Aaron Cowan for the video he did on OPF-G, RMR

We don't want to make a plate for all pistols, our focus is on handguns in LE and MIL service.  Far be it from us to exclude the "civilian" market, we've never made anything LE/MIL only.  The prioritization has to do with our wish to serve those that serve our communities, states and country, these handguns are popular with folks that carry for defense, the overlap is not surprising.

We are a small shop without resources of bigger companies, we have to make our R&D time/money count
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to Texas Duffy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you, we love it here.  We're getting rid of our CA plates as quickly as possible
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered 2...for my G19.5 and G45 a few hrs ago.
Tracking info sent 40 mins after submitting order.
Thanks!
Edit....4 min. after submitting order.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Was gonna say, the shipping monkey was sleeping in the job again?

Typical time between order and shipping confirmation is in 10 minutes provides he’s not actually sleeping at night.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I got my plates in yesterday. 01/02
Now I gotta find someone that will loan me a torque driver.

I did notice the name on the return address...lol!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd suggest that you get one, we carry the one made for Vortex, it's also made under different names, with 1 inch lb increments.  Being you need to remove the sight to replace the battery, and you can use it for other needs, it's a worthwhile investment
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Good point...I’ll just buy one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got a Wheeler digital for Christmas.  So choice.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at the digital but realized that it’s 15 inch pound bottom end wasn’t low enough for FCD’s specified torque values.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#30]
We had changed the torque value to 13, not 13.3
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We had changed the torque value to 13, not 13.3
View Quote

The Wheeler digital is listed as only going down to 15 while the analog version goes down to 10.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Wheeler digital is listed as only going down to 15 while the analog version goes down to 10.
View Quote

You can set the wheeler to give real time readings in order to torque it to values below 15.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You can set the wheeler to give real time readings in order to torque it to values below 15.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know. I hadn’t bought my RMR yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Keep in mind, that torque values outside advertised ranges can be of dubious accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Has anyone noticed any issues training with both milled slide guns and FCD guns? Will the height difference mess with you? Currently running milled 19s but considering a 34 and the gen 5 only comes in mos.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Keep in mind, that torque values outside advertised ranges can be of dubious accuracy.
View Quote

I wouldn't use a wheeler to torque screws on a space craft but 10 inch lbs on my wheeler has no perceivable difference than my 10  inch lbs fix it stick.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Different sight heights take some getting used to, I'm of the opinion because it's rather minor, most users probably won't even notice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Different sight heights take some getting used to, I'm of the opinion because it's rather minor, most users probably won't even notice.
View Quote

I just discovered this thread. When do you expect to have more DPP plates?

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I know you have stated repeatedly that you are focusing on LE/MIL firearms to support, have you considered creating a plate for the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact OR models? It looks like all the M&P CORE cuts are the same size.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#40]
M&P 2.0 is on the list, it's part of our focus on MIL/LE issued side arms, as soon as I can get my TX driver's license.  The earliest appointment was going to be in May, but my wife just found available spots tomorrow, we'll be able to buy guns for development then.  I didn't buy them in CA at inflated prices, assuming they are on the approved list.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Probably early next week.  First batch of OPF-G, DPP plates have our logo and Tangodown's logo, but it's coming completely under the FCD umbrella, it is an FCD product (not Tangodown) now.  We're on wonderful terms with TD, but they've got their plates full, they can be a part of the DPP plate any time they want.

Quoted:

I just discovered this thread. When do you expect to have more DPP plates?

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
M&P 2.0 is on the list, it's part of our focus on MIL/LE issued side arms, as soon as I can get my TX driver's license.  The earliest appointment was going to be in May, but my wife just found available spots tomorrow, we'll be able to buy guns for development then.  I didn't buy them in CA at inflated prices, assuming they are on the approved list.
View Quote
Outstanding. I'll then be able to have quality plates for both my Glocks and S&W. Much appreciated.

ETA - I just picked up the OR M&P Compact yesterday. If you want to borrow the slide for R&D let me know.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you for the offer

We'll need one at the shop, and another here.  Both locations test fitting on the plates.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thank you for the offer

We'll need one at the shop, and another here.  Both locations test fitting on the plates.
View Quote

Is your shop still in CA or now in TX?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#45]
We're completely out of CA now, we'll go back to visit friends and folks in LE, then we get to leave the communist welfare state and come home to TX
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#46]
@duffy

I Just got my first FCD plate in the mail today. I have to say, the fit and finish is outstanding.

I mounted it on my gen5 17mos.the plate Fit up perfectly. No fitting required with the plate to the slide. the optic fit extremely snug to the plate as well. No fitting required. But damn it was a tight squeeze.

I would consider this fit comparable to my guns milled by ATEI and that’s saying something.
I’m usually not a huge fan of the mos. but you may have just changed my mind!
Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for your input and kind words

For the most part, the sight to plate, and plate to slide fit is spot on, but we are dealing with tolerances, user experience will vary.

We will go live OPF-G, RMRcc and OPF-G, DPP later this week.  We've been swamped like others in the industry, we'll go live with a Hodge Defense collaboration product tomorrow so we're focused on its roll out.

OPF-M17/M18, RMR is in development as well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thank you for your input and kind words

For the most part, the sight to plate, and plate to slide fit is spot on, but we are dealing with tolerances, user experience will vary.

We will go live OPF-G, RMRcc and OPF-G, DPP later this week.  We've been swamped like others in the industry, we'll go live with a Hodge Defense collaboration product tomorrow so we're focused on its roll out.

OPF-M17/M18, RMR is in development as well.
View Quote

I realize this is a glock thread, but are you planning any plates for the M&P?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I realize this is a glock thread, but are you planning any plates for the M&P?
View Quote

Look up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Ordered my FCD plate today and had a shipping notice almost instantly! Says it should arrive tomorrow.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top