Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2022 9:16:51 PM EDT
I just received my 22/45 Lite back from Ruger this week. They shot it at 15 yards with mini mags and deemed it acceptable.

Unsuppressed at 25 yards, I'm getting 3.5" groups for 10 shots with CCI standard velocity. Not great, but I supposed up to their standards. When I shoot it with my dead air mask, I can't keep all 10 rounds on a 8x11 sheet of paper. 8 were into maybe 6-7 inches with the other 2 off the paper. I'm getting no baffle strikes and it doesn't look like there's an obstruction looking down the barrel with suppressor attached.

Meanwhile, I was shooting sub 2" 10 shot groups @25 with my TX22 competition and dead air mask today.

Anybody have this issue? If so, what was the fix?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 10/22 that has similar results. I just use it unsuppressed
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 10/22 that has similar results. I just use it unsuppressed
View Quote

That sucks.  I cleaned my Mask today and while there wasn't a baffle strike or endcap strike, there was a heavy ring of carbon and lead on one side of the baffle only.  I'm assuming that the threads are not concentic to the bore.

Luckily, I discovered that VQ has some MKIV uppers they cut to 3.5" and threaded for $100 so I ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't get any baffle strikes either,  but I figured I'd not take any chances.

Volquartsen has good deals on the take off uppers!
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Another MK IV owner here with several take off uppers from VQ. I got 3 of them for $70. Might be worth a shot to get one threaded and give it a try. I don't shoot suppressed but my MK IV is a very accurate. Something seems off with yours.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]
MKIV lite 25 yards 10 rounds standard velocity from bench unsuppressed

Untitled by Adam C, on Flickr" />

MKIV lite 25 yards 10 rounds standard velocity from bench suppressed.  2 went off target

TX22 competition 25 yards 10 rounds standard velocity from bench unsuppressed

TX22 competition 25 yards 10 rounds standard velocity from bench suppressed

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Another MK IV owner here with several take off uppers from VQ. I got 3 of them for $70. Might be worth a shot to get one threaded and give it a try. I don't shoot suppressed but my MK IV is a very accurate. Something seems off with yours.
View Quote

I bought one of the VQ take off uppers they cut to 3.5" and threaded themselves cause I know the threads will be concentric.  I wanted a 4.5" tactical upper, but don't trust Ruger at this point.  There's a guy in one of the rifle forums complaining about a Ruger ranch rifle with non concetric threads that Ruger won't do anything about.  I thought about buying 3 of the bare bones 5.5" uppers from VQ for $50 and sending to Class 3 machining to be cut and threaded.  Morgan did a phenomenal job with my Scorpion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Another Volquartsen upper.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot mine suppressed 100% of the time (TBAC TD22).

What you got going on isn't normal at all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Had the same issue. Someone suggested using an o-ring between the barrel and suppressor.
It worked for me.
Something about the 'shroud' around the actual barrel hitting the suppressor?

Just find one that fit snug over the threaded area of the barrel.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had the same issue. Someone suggested using an o-ring between the barrel and suppressor.
It worked for me.
Something about the 'shroud' around the actual barrel hitting the suppressor?

Just find one that fit snug over the threaded area of the barrel.

View Quote

I have a bunch of o rings that fit perfectly over the barrel, but don't you have to worry about it throwing alignment of the suppressor off?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell if I know. Mine worked much 'gooder' after the o-ring.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The 3.5 take off upper from VQ came in and it's much better.

Unsuppressed 25 yards

Suppressed 25 yards

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Good to hear you got it figured out.

kinda makes me wonder what was wrong with upper #1?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good to hear you got it figured out.

kinda makes me wonder what was wrong with upper #1?
View Quote

I suspect either the threads were not concentric to the bore or the barrel shoulder was not cut 90 degrees to the bore.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Results we had with my sons 22/45 Lite were surprisingly good. From a rest at 50ft we were getting about a 1" group using CCI Std Velocity with a Dead Air Mask.

We were utilizing a Vortex Venom RDS too. No modifications to the trigger as of yet. Glad things had improved in your situation
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I suspect either the threads were not concentric to the bore or the barrel shoulder was not cut 90 degrees to the bore.
View Quote

Have you considered sending the mk iv lite upper back to ruger for them to examine/repair?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Where are these uppers you’re talking about? I’m not seeing anything on V’s website.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where are these uppers you’re talking about? I’m not seeing anything on V’s website.
View Quote

https://volquartsen.com/clearance

Check back every now and then, items change frequently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top