Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2021 8:21:49 PM EDT
Always liked 92FS, but hated trigger.

Sent new, unfired 92 to MCARBO for full trigger spring installation and internal polishing.

Gun returned today. Whoa! Very impressed. Wildly exceeded expectations. Trigger take-up, wall, weight, reset ranks with my finest pistols. It’s light and crisp. Didn’t know a 92 trigger could be tuned to this level.

92 inherent accuracy + great trigger = Laser.

Door-to -door turnaround was 7 days.

No affiliation with MCARBO, just passing along my experience for benefit of forum.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought parts from MCARBO to improve a Savage bolt action trigger. It worked, cost less than a tank of gas at 2019 prices.

Good company.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What exactly did you buy from them?

I don't see a 'trigger job' listed on their website.  I see a spring kit and installation with polishing internal parts.  Is that what you sent your pistol for or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, exactly. I ordered spring kit and installation with polishing internal parts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Was it this one?

https://www.mcarbo.com/beretta-92fs-/-m9-/-92-/-96-installation-service.aspx

Did  you still have to add the springs?

Wondering how it compares to the Langdon trigger in a job service.

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s the 92 trigger spring kit, installation service, 30 minutes polishing internals, and metal guide rod.  With shipping $219.
Don’t know how it compares to Langdon. Both offer very detailed installation videos.
My DA pull is now 7 lbs and SA is 3.5. And very crisp.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a trigger spring for a newer marlin xt-22 a few years ago from them and liked it.
I also bought their trigger spring kit for my mossberg 590A1 and it made a vast improvement.

I then bought the trigger spring kit for my old well used 92FS. I just ordered the kit and installed it myself. I installed the lightest hammer spring in the kit. I felt zero difference in the pull weight. Both DA and SA. I measured the pull weight with a trigger scale and then reinstalled my original springs and tested it again. There was no difference.
Going by the amount of crud I cleaned out of the frame and the trigger group, it had never been taken apart that far since new.
I contacted them and told them about it. They took that kit back and sent me another kit. I installed it with the same result.
I then left a review for that kit (not bad or scathing) just stating the kit did not make any difference in it at all. A day or so later I went back to the kit page to send the link to a friend (who wanted to see what I was talking about) and saw they deleted my review. After I saw that, I contacted them and asked to send it back for a refund, which they did.
So in the end, they did take it back and refund me. But they delete bad reviews from their site. So not sure how I feel about them.

Maybe mine is just so old and worn (and maybe the springs are getting weak) that they are down to the point of where this kit would put a brand new tight gun. This one was a used police trade in I got from a local store for like $350 several years ago. Lots of scratches and character, but still shoots like new and still accurate.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My report was based on sending new, unfired 92 FS to M-CARBO to install spring kit AND polish internals for 30 minutes. Result was outstanding.

On same day, buddy also sent new, unfired 92 FS, ordered exact same work and experienced exactly same outstanding result.

Our trigger pull results were consistent with the M-CARBO installation video result—roughly 40% reduction.

Others have had different experiences installing random springs on old pistols with no internal polishing. That’s helpful, because it’s additional data, but irrelevant to what one might expect from the M-CARBO kit and polishing.

Again, zero affiliation. Disinterested in what others choose to do. Reporting our experience for benefit of forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top