Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2023 2:42:52 PM EDT
completely new to the High power community... I know this is the Browning forum but saw a few Girsan posts so here it is.

LGS has a MC P35 PI  which is kinda like a commander size if comparing to a 1911. I was thinking about picking it up ($450 range)

just a few pre buy questions, the safety is kinda flush and my thumb skips right over it when trying to actuate...do they make a more tactical size and is this something that I can change out pretty easily?

also the Girsan grips are comfortable but are a bit thick and have that raised lip for your thumb to ride on, I don't care for that ...will any High power grips fit?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
completely new to the High power community... I know this is the Browning forum but saw a few Girsan posts so here it is.

LGS has a MC P35 PI  which is kinda like a commander size if comparing to a 1911. I was thinking about picking it up ($450 range)

just a few pre buy questions, the safety is kinda flush and my thumb skips right over it when trying to actuate...do they make a more tactical size and is this something that I can change out pretty easily?

also the Girsan grips are comfortable but are a bit thick and have that raised lip for your thumb to ride on, I don't care for that ...will any High power grips fit?
View Quote
Can't answer the thumb safety question

Click the picture, most detailed report/review you'll find  has a bunch of YT videos too if you care to watch.

Grips are swappable with any other Hi Power grips.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of upgrade parts available. While I wont say it is easy, if you can pay attention to detail, you can switch out your own safety.
This one has the grips, safety, trigger, and hammer switched out.
Nice handling gun.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top