Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2020 10:07:21 PM EDT
I have just bought a new m9a3. Called Safariland and was informed that nothing has been made for the m9a3 model. This gun has been out for about 3 years now, what holster has everyone used so far?  Thx
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
M9A1 holsters should work shouldn’t they?

I’m in the same boat, I want to find a good OWB light bearing holster for mine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, M9A1 holsters work for the A3 and 92X
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx, I thought they would. With so many different models I didn’t know if one would be better than another.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Light bearing with level 2 retention, I have a Blackhawk Omnivore that works well. They have a Surefire X300 model and a Streamlight TLR 1/2 model.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Called G Code about their SOC holster for the M9A1 and they said the A3 wont fit without adjustment which they will do for free once you place an order for the A1 and call with order number.  All their holsters are made to order so no charge no biggie excellent company................
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Follow up I ordered the QVO holster so I will report on how it holds the pistol and surefire x300u so far as retention.  Holsters look nice but looks mean jack shit so we will see plus the can be setup to work with my Safariland QLS and my GCODE RTI setups............will respond in a month or so when I receive it lol................My last GCOD took exactly 5.5 weeks but it's titts......
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Follow up I ordered the QVO holster so I will report on how it holds the pistol and surefire x300u so far as retention.  Holsters look nice but looks mean jack shit so we will see plus the can be setup to work with my Safariland QLS and my GCODE RTI setups............will respond in a month or so when I receive it lol................My last GCOD took exactly 5.5 weeks but it's titts......
View Quote

I have visited their production building and each one is made upon order, so it does take a bit longer.  They do stock some high selling items for quicker shipping but also have a ass load of orders being processed.
I will say that the CEO and the staff do take firearms and holsters AND customer service very serious.  Almost all the upper folks are active shooters.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
M9A1, M9A3, 92X (not centurion), and Vertec holsters are all the same. A shockingly large number of holsters are still marked as Vertec despite that being a relatively uncommon model. Probably because it was the first of the railed-frame Beretta 92s, back in the 90's.

I have a Safariland 6004 (drop-leg SLS) made for the basic 92 that fits my M9A1 perfectly, and my carry holsters are all JM Custom. For custom kydex the only real difference is the slightly longer barrel for the M9A3, and most makers can accommodate that easily if they already do a Vertec/M9A1. JM Custom had no issues doing a holster for a M9A1 with threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want a Safariland ALS WITHOUT a light model # 7378-73 works. No modification necessary. ETA: I would suggest the Nub Mod from OT Defense for an easier draw. For a SLS holster I use a 6280LASD-7301. I had to use a heat gun to open it up near the muzzle. Used it for a three day class with great results.

JM Custom makes nice holsters as well. After seeing some recommendations here for KT Mech holsters I bought one and I wouldn't recommend them. The gun fits great in the holster but its a very crude looking holster with to much extra kydex in areas where it could be removed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top