User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, I was able to walk into Arms Unlimited in Vegas and checkout their A3’s before I purchased. I showed them this thread and conveyed my concerns with TN produced pistols. They laid out a selection of guns for me and they all looked great. The one I walked away with is a keeper for sure. Great customer service.
View Quote
Yup.  This should be standard OP for us all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yup.  This should be standard OP for us all.
View Quote
The unfortunate thing is this is exactly what I did at Botach here in Vegas. Pistol looked perfect and I did not notice any issues. Hell it took me a year before I noticed the dust cover mill job and rubbing issue.

Funny thing is I passed on getting an Italian because I hated the gold colored receiver and the additional import and serial number markings.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I should add that I again emailed the initial gentleman, Thomas Breen, who was so helpful originally when he asked me to email him photos of the pistol and then emailed me back with the UPS pickup offer asking me to send it in. After my disappointing phone exchange with Nena I emailed Thomas again explaining her findings, and asked how weird milling of the dust cover could be considered “purely cosmetic”. It’s since been a week and I have never gotten a reply.

I did get the pistol back today however. Just in the original box just as I sent it in. Zero paperwork, zero gun smith report of their findings, zero receipt or confirmation that it was inspected or looked at. Just my pistol... in its box...

At least I can’t find any dings, scratches, etc from its three week trip through the mail to them and then back to me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
That is pretty bad.   Thanks for sharing the experience OP.

2hut8
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:36:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Are all the black ones made in Italy?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me preface this by I am a Beretta fan.  I own a M9A3, a Beretta Extrema Unico and A400 shotguns. That is absolutely bullshit CS.

I suppose you could say that this should have been caught before purchasing the gun, but that should have never have left the factory like that either.  Terrible QC.  They should make that right no questions asked.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I don't see how they can begin to excuse the poor quality work that you have shown in your M9A3 and Beretta isn't taking care of it?   That is nothing short of ridiculous by itself.   Then to have other members post that they have the same issues with their pistols and to see slides with off center barrels on a thread with only 3K views?

I think that you should consider changing the title of the thread OP.   The information contained could be very valuable to people considering buying Beretta's and not just A3's.   I have been considering picking up another Beretta and part of my logic is that they have been a reputable and stand-up company that builds quality pistols.    Between your issue and the Wilson Combat Beretta related stories I am starting to wonder if Beretta's best days are long gone.

I will be hard pressed to buy a Beretta today, even if it is used.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let me preface this by I am a Beretta fan.  I own a M9A3, a Beretta Extrema Unico and A400 shotguns. That is absolutely bullshit CS.

I suppose you could say that this should have been caught before purchasing the gun, but that should have never have left the factory like that either.  Terrible QC.  They should make that right no questions asked.
View Quote
It is not without reason many say Beretta QC went to complete shit after their move to TN. Not sure why, could be many inspectors didn't make the move from MD?

I do know when I applied, I didn't even get an interview. The applicant field that applied on opening day was wholly "diverse". Those are the ones applying ghetto QC to Beretta's products it seems. Just sad for a once well thought of company.

If I can catch up with them at a NRA convention or SHOT Show, I intend to share with them this thread. See what they say about the pics & their CS's response.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, I handled a M9A3 today and loved it, now I'm afraid to get one with "forever" issues.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn, I handled a M9A3 today and loved it, now I'm afraid to get one with "forever" issues.
View Quote
Get an older Maryland made 1. Or an Italian. I work at a LGS part time. All the A3's seem to be Italian according to the distributors.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 4:34:30 AM EDT
[#11]
The A3 i bought last year is Italian. My 3 other Berettas are Maryland made. Been seeing some really shity qc from TN made lately.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Get an older Maryland made 1. Or an Italian. I work at a LGS part time. All the A3's seem to be Italian according to the distributors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My A3 was made in TN with no problems. I actually haven't seen a TN A3 with problems yet. Except for online.

Just inspect before you buy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep this in mind when I'm ready to buy, I really loved this gun the moment I picked it up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Man... thanks OP for the update. So glad I came across this as I was just about to purchase one of these online - which means no inspection.

You helped save me from a mistake.

And I’m thankful for all the other useful info here. I didn’t know Beretta manufacturing changed location to Tennessee ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have the shop field strip it so you both can look at it. If it's GTG, then you're GTG. They're damn good guns being built by a few idiots.

I have no plans on getting rid of my four 92's.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And I’m thankful for all the other useful info here. I didn’t know Beretta manufacturing changed location to Tennessee ?
View Quote
They've been in TN for about 2 years now. High taxes & anti-gun legislation drove them out of MD according to Beretta.

They hired loads of dbl minorities for their TN plant. They even said so during their job fair. They get what they hired, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Man... thanks OP for the update. So glad I came across this as I was just about to purchase one of these online - which means no inspection.

You helped save me from a mistake.

View Quote
Inspect before you sign the paperwork. Make the seller replace on their dime if it doesn't pass.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My A3 was made in TN with no problems. I actually haven't seen a TN A3 with problems yet. Except for online.

Just inspect before you buy.
View Quote
Certainly. :)
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I think that Beretta has a pretty broad definition of what is considered cosmetic now.  I have an Italian 92FS that came out of the box with the barrel canted to the right and touching the inside of the slide.  It had excessive windage and required me to drift the rear sight until part of the unfinished dovetail was showing.  I wrote Beretta and they basically just sent me a link to their website telling me that it was normal and only an aesthetic issue.  Disappointing, but easily fixed by buying another barrel.  I started getting serious about collecting Berettas within the last 2 years and won't stop buying them, but will inspect much more closely now.  Previously had owned a couple over a 15 year period and used them in the military, but didn't really like shooting them until recently (took me 15 years to learn to like DA/SA).  I can't recall any issues in those older Berettas or the ones I had seen in the military.  Even the beater issued M9 I had in 2009 had a straight barrel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top