Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2022 9:38:18 AM EDT
I bought a like new M9A3 with all the factory trimmings, hardly any sign of use.

Took it out to the range, the spent casings just flow straight up and back at my forehead.  Is this something can be fixed easily?

This is my first 92 platform pistol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be curious to see if the springs have been changed, maybe the last guy shot it suppressed and messed with them. Hard to say, my A3 will place them in a neat little pile at the 4:00
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
junk sub par guns have been shipping from the new gallatin tn plant and collectors avoid the tn marked guns like the plague. beretta is sinking fast as a company. they took down their collector corner serial number year of mfr. database and put up a rainbow flag in its place when it redirects you. they did this recently when the jeffrey star transgender beretta pistol thing was being promoted so its no accident. google jeffrey star beretta you will see where the company is headed. if your gun is marked gallatin tn on left side that would make sense.

another thing to look at is the locking lugs area of slide and locking piece. then check the barrel and see if its an aftermarket poorly fitted barrel. check headspace. check for cracks and peening of frame. lots of stuff to check next like extractor area and barrel face if peened. ive never had one send casings into my face but i build beretta 92 race guns and have 14 trays of spare parts and accys so i tinker alot. pm me if needing help. beretta 92 is my thing. good luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Well this just got interesting….
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
My brand new FN FNP Tac did the same thing.  I was told here it was an issue with how strong the brand new guide rod spring is, the idea being that a too-strong spring slows the slide to the point that the fired cases go more back than to the side, as they are not hitting the ejector with enough speed.

Correct or not, I followed the recommendation of locking my slide back for a week in my safe, and didn't have that issue again.  Try that with your M9 and see if it helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top