Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2018 8:22:45 PM EDT
What holster option have you guys been choosing?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had my holsters custom made from MIE Productions and am very happy with the holsters. However, I am very unhappy with the TLR8. I ordered a OWB kydex holster from MIE and it works well. I also ordered a IWB crossbreed type. The problem with the  light, is the activation buttons on the side of the light get pressed by the leather on the inside of the holster. I want the comfort of the leather. I had to merge both the fully kydex OWB to the leather IWB to make the light not activate in my pants. I was going through a battery a day.
I was at a continuing education class with multiple government officials when I felt my leg getting hot from the light having activated. I contacted Streamlight and this is what they told me. " The front bezel can be rotated to lock the light in the off position to prevent it from activating." Great- I get an index on the gun, withdraw the gun, rotate the gun towards the target, bring my support hand under the light, reach up and twist the bezel (trying to keep my hand away from the barrel of the loaded gun) then reestablish a two hand grip and access prior to firing. This is like having a gun lock on the light.
I have had success with the combining of the full kydex and leather rear. I just paid for two holsters and have to disassemble and reassemble as needed to be IWB or OWB. Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top