Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2021 10:26:57 AM EDT
Asking on behalf of a good friend...

Is this the only M17 threaded barrel on the market that accommodates the M17’s loaded chamber indicator (with the notched cutout for it)?

BAR-STO M17 Threaded Barrel

If not, any recommendations? Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it is.

To be honest, (and this is simply personal opinion, I can understand why they would want the LCI to stay) the LCI obscures the sight picture. I have a thread M18 and M17. I just remove the LCI. I use a Silencerco and a SIG barrel.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe it is.

To be honest, (and this is simply personal opinion, I can understand why they would want the LCI to stay) the LCI obscures the sight picture. I have a thread M18 and M17. I just remove the LCI. I use a Silencerco and a SIG barrel.
View Quote

Thanks. So both the factory Sig 320 threaded barrel and the SilencerCo 320 barrel will work if you remove the LCI? And other than the loss of the visual, is there any downside? More gas released?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks. So both the factory Sig 320 threaded barrel and the SilencerCo 320 barrel will work if you remove the LCI? And other than the loss of the visual, is there any downside? More gas released?
View Quote

Yeah, they will work.

Yeah, some gas will come out of that hole. But even with a red dot on top. It's not a big deal and doesn't affect much. Even after a long range session.

If the LCI is removed. Do it carefully. The LCI has a teeny tiny spring you don't see. It will go flying.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I was just looking around for curiosities sake. I did find this:

https://backuptactical.com/shop/threaded-barrels/full-size-sig-p320-barrels/threaded-barrel-for-full-size-sig-p320/

These apparently have the LCI cut. I'm not familiar with this brand at all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
https://greyghostprecision.com/ggp320-full-size-match-grade-barrel/

I’d also get on the notification list at Primary Arms and Rainier Tactical - they release in batches, so you may have to wait a bit.

This may also be helpful:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Threaded-barrel-1-2x28-for-M17-Full-size-with-LCI-cutout-/14-199779/

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm... Somewhere I have
- a dremel w/ cutoff wheels
- a dremel drillpress mount
- a cross-slide vise

I wonder how hard it would be to WECSOG an LCI cut into a barrel hood?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the Grey Ghost Precision barrels have the LCI cut, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top