Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 5:10:58 PM EDT
Anyone know if the Dawson rear adjustable sight from and X5 will fit the M17 ?
If the DPP and Romeo1 fit both?
Cp
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering the fact that the rear sight on both M17's are attached to the removable optic plate. I don't see how it would work.

Two options WITH a DPP or attached. The Leopuld rear sight that attaches to the DPP. Or Galloway Precision has a little sight insert for the same spot. Next year sometime, I guess. Sig will have a rear sight plate to work with the Romeo1.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I guess my question was a bit confusing with my last sentence about the DPP.

My question does anyone know if the X5 adjustable rear sight will fit on the M17?
Chuck
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, I guess my question was a bit confusing with my last sentence about the DPP.

My question does anyone know if the X5 adjustable rear sight will fit on the M17?
Chuck
View Quote
Oh, I see.

It may work on the P320-M17 commercial model. The sight plate on that is held on by two screws, like the plate of a 320 X5 or X-carry. Wouldn't work on the commemorative. Since it's only held on by one screw in a completely different location.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Really? Hmm didn’t know that...
I thought both models were set up to accept the Delta point pro in the same holes?
Cp
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really? Hmm didn’t know that...
I thought both models were set up to accept the Delta point pro in the same holes?
Cp
View Quote
My apologies @eaglecp. I'm being extra stupid recently.

The plates are held in differently on the 2 M17 models. The commercial is held in with 2 screws that you access directly simply by taking the slide off the frame. The commemorative, like the military model is held in by 1 screw that you access by taking the slide off the frame and removing the striker assembly/back plate. Then both will hold the DPP or the Romeo1 in the cutout.

I will say that the there is an issue with mounting a Romeo1 to either the commemorative or both M17's because the screws used by the Romeo aren't the right size. The DPP go right on with the supplied screws from the DPP.

https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/332404-difference-m17comm-m17-civilian.html

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/WTK-Mounting-a-SIG-Romeo-1-dot-site-onto-a-SIG-M17/14-185042/
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
No worries thanks for the clarification!
Cp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top