Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 10:25:36 AM EDT
I carry a Glock 19 90% of the time. My second most carried gun is a 48 when I have to dress up and need something slimmer. I am looking for a new single mag pouch for the 48 but I want something low profile.

I love the factory Glock pouches for my 19/20/43 because they hold the mag tight to the body and with the slot attachment points and thin material, they ad very little thickness to the mag. That is exactly what I need when I'm having to carry a slimmer gun. Unfortunately, it doesn't lookalike Glock is going to make them for the 48/43X any time soon.

I've tried the KyTex and it's nice but I'd like something a bit more secure. Everything else I've seen is thick and/or has a big, fat clip stacked on top of the mag so it ends up being nearly twice as thick as the mag itself.

Is there anything else out there that is thinner?

Here's a pic of a 19+2 mag in the OEM Glock pouch. See how tight and slim the profile is. The kydex pouches I've tried for the 48 make it's slimmer mags actually thicker than the double stack 19 in this pouch.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll caveat this by saying that I don't have a G43X / G48, so I don't know how much thicker the magazines are than a 43 magazine. Having said that, I've been happy with this magazine carrier from DSG Arms:

CDC Glock 43/Shield Mag Carrier - Black

If the thickness difference is too much to accommodate with the tension screws on this carrier, it might be worth contact DSG to ask them to produce a 43X / 48 version. I'm sure they recognize the popularity of those pistols.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#2]
this is what I use

fits the 48 43x mags
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Raven Legacy/Bravo pouch with OWB wings. NOTHING else rides as close to the body.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Raven Legacy/Bravo pouch with OWB wings. NOTHING else rides as close to the body.
View Quote

Seems to be very little crossover period with that style of carrier and when they started making them for the 48/43X.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at Kytex Shooting Gear mag pouches. Very slim, low profile, I use them with my all my Glocks including the G43X.  Been using them for years and very happy.

https://kytexgear.com/product/glock-43x-48-single-mag-carrier/?doing_wp_cron=1611420996.6683030128479003906250
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I rock one of these most of the time. Not as low-profile as some, but less conspicuous. Most folks think 'buck knife' not 'mag pouch' if they notice it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top