Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/16/2022 3:44:49 AM EDT
Hey arf.

Looking to get a P2000 sooner than later. I wanted a USP357 but essentially gave up on finding one at a reasonable price. Will likely get the P2000 40 and then source a 357 Sig barrel. I currently have a USP45T and a USP 45, as well as a P30L and VP9 Match.

Is there any nuances to this gun I should know before diving in? Seems like new ones are about $800. They can use P30 and USPc magazines and such.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t have any issues with it.. it’s a regular carry of mine in the coat season

I stripped her yesterday and cleaned her up as a matter of fact

I used to get spare mags from cdnnsports haven’t looked at their site in years though
View Quote

RTG has them for 38 right now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The V3 double action trigger is heavy. I recently put a 12lb hammer spring in mine and it is much better. Stock is 14lbs.  I have not tested it for full reliability yet. Everything I have read, the 12lb will not give any light strikes, but the 10lb might.

The P2000 is only sold in a V2 "heavy" LEM, but only needs 2 springs swapped to be a V1 "light" LEM.

It is slightly smaller than a Glock 19 grip wise, but a little heavier. The accuracy is superb. It is the most underrated HK pistol, IMO.  

Almost all HK mags are universal. The P30/VP9 17 round mags function fine in the P2000 and are great for reloads.

Get the flat baseplates. They make the grip length perfect overall.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I recommend the P2000sk over the P2000.

In my usage I can conceal it better and I always have the option of going with P2000 magazines with the grip extension.

Other than the size they are identical.

Its a regular carry piece for me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I recommend the P2000sk over the P2000.

In my usage I can conceal it better and I always have the option of going with P2000 magazines with the grip extension.

Other than the size they are identical.

Its a regular carry piece for me.
View Quote

I ended up getting a P30SK AND a P2000

I'm in the market for a second P2000 if I ever see one in 357sig.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I ended up getting a P30SK AND a P2000

I'm in the market for a second P2000 if I ever see one in 357sig.

View Quote
Nice! They are fantastic shooting pistols.

Guy in ft worth has one for sale.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t have any issues with it.. it’s a regular carry of mine in the coat season

I stripped her yesterday and cleaned her up as a matter of fact

I used to get spare mags from cdnnsports haven’t looked at their site in years though

If you know anyone from the big agencies that used to carry HK P2000s until about 3 years ago, a lot of places when they got turned in considered the magazines expendible/expended items and employees were allowed to keep them... so if you know anyone who works/worked at airports or along borders, you might know someone sitting on a few you could ask about.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top