Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2019 7:55:46 PM EDT
I have a Shield gen 1 that I am thinking about giving to my son and possibly getting the Walther PPS M2 LE.  Any of you make the switch or have owned both?

Patrick
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a PPS M2 and love it.  Excellent trigger, great ergos, reliable, and dead on accurate.  I have shot my friends Shield 1.0 and did not like the way it shot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
great, great pistol.  don't plan on customizing beyond the sights as there isn't really anything out there for them.  works for me as I can't modify my off duty guns if I want to be covered by my agency.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Local shop has the LE model w the 3 mags for $300.  Feels like a good price.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The wife tried 5 different compact carry guns and picked the PPS-M2. Best fit and easiest to handle for her.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my PPS M2!
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i see LE all the time, and you must qualify to purchase...Is there a law that civilians can't have certain types of night sights ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i see LE all the time, and you must qualify to purchase...Is there a law that civilians can't have certain types of night sights ?
View Quote
LE denotes it comes with 3 mags instead of 2 and photo luminescent sights (not tritium)
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had one now for about a year and have put about 800 rounds through it.  No malfunctions of any sort and have no complaints on the performance in general.  The one thing I would pay careful attention to is the way the gun fits in your hand.  I have an issue where the beaver tail of the gun (think back left corner) rests on the fist knuckle at the base of my thumb.  Not an issue if you are not going to shoot it often but after a couple boxes of ammo the wear and tear on my thumb actually split the skin.

When I asked someone at the range about it they said they see it frequently with that gun and someone had recently traded one in due to this issue.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LE denotes it comes with 3 mags instead of 2 and photo luminescent sights (not tritium)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. I haven't seen anything that says you must be LE to purchase. It's not a blue label item like a Glock. CDNN is offering the LE model with FREE shipping (just $4.99 for adult signature).

I am very pleased with my PPS M2 but wanted to point out some things...

1. It's a tad front/top-heavy compared to a Shield. This is not necessarily a bad thing it's probably why it's such a soft shooter for its size but just be aware of that.

2. Price of spare magazines. Even at their lowest...ouch.

3. Textured finish on grip could stand to be a bit more aggressive but I have very callused hands so there's that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I wanted to add that you might find that the PPS M2 does not fit your hand any better than the 1.0 Shield. Like the Shield, the Walther doesn't have much if any of a palm swell and because it's a very slim single stack your hand will have limited contact esp. with a short grip length. Or you could buy a G43X to solve that issue.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm a solid Glock guy, but carry a PPS daily. If I wasn't so invested in Glock I might would even consider switching to a PPQ.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I owned the first version of the PPS which was a great gun though I didn't love the HK style mag release.

Flawless reliability, accurate easy to carry... I've switched to a Glock 43X but the PPS is a solid choice
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#13]
no malfunctions ever in 1000+ rounds, it is my carry 90% of the time

few aftermarket options and pricy mags keep this in mind

i will carry IWB with the 8 rd mag sometimes,mostly stick with the 6. its just more comfortable than my G26 for IWB

look for the mark inside the magwell meaning the recall update has been completed for the M2s that went out last November??
i believe it had something to do with the internal trigger/drop safety that was used from the original version of the PPS. all new manufacture should already be compliant, i had mine back within 2 weeks, still shoots great and no change to the trigger pull.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

i will carry IWB with the 8 rd mag sometimes,mostly stick with the 6. its just more comfortable than my G26 for IWB
View Quote
I cannot stand the little 6 round mag. 7 round has been perfect for me AIWB. Id try and 8 but they are expensive
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I ended up getting the standard non LEO model without the 8 round mag.  The LEO version sold out at the sale price.

So for $270 I felt ok about it.  Bought two 8 rounders from gun mag wearhouse and a US Grunt Gear IWB holster and it has been wonderful.

Going to but some night sights on it soon.

I also own a Gen 1 Shield 9mm and the Walther seems like a much more refined Shield with only one negative:  You lose 1 round in capacity.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Pat
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got one a few weeks from a PSA deal.  Came to $267 shipped.  Took it out over the weekend and put a couple different boxes of defensive loads through it, as well as a 100 round box of WWB.  Functioned flawlessly and shot well.  I'm currently carrying it in a Gunsligner's Inc. Hyrid Kydex IWB and it is like it isn't even there.  I may lose it to my daughter though.  She came with me to the range and we forgot to pack the 22 pistol, so she shot quite a bit through it.  She did better than me, and she is only 12!  Might have to get a second one for her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Did they fix the barrel peening issue?
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I had one at one time. Loved the ergonomics! I shot very well with it and being slim it concealed completely under a T-shirt during the hot months, One of the two issues I had was the recoil spring would not stay in place. I actually had to turn the slide “up” and lay the spring in place to reassemble. I eventually purchased another aftermarket spring to correct that problem.
The other issue was the barrel peening that Walther stated was”normal” and they stated “after shooting it for a while it would stop!” Really? I think their response ate at me just as much if not more than the peening itself. So needless to say it’s gone and now with a Glock 43 there is NO peening and one inch wide as the PPS. I shoot it just as well and the recoil spring stays in place.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#19]
My twin brother bought a PPS M2 LE. It’s an awesome gun. I like it better than my S&W shields (I have two gen 1’s)
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Nope. I just picked up the PPS M2 LE I ordered from Bud's, No special requirements to purchase. Just a model designation.

BTW, The PPS LE is awesome! The sights are really easy to pick up and the fact that this one comes with 3 magazines is a bonus imo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Love mine. I did replace the sights with TruGlo big dot night sights. First 7 shots through it at 7yds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top