Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2018 10:04:02 PM EDT
Longest barreled revolver in current production, what is it? my next firearm will either be a silly long barreled revolver or an RPR, not sure which yet. But I'm looking for a revolver with classic lines but a LOOOOONG barrel, need not be in a HOLY SHIT caliber but that's fine too. The longer the barrel the better, think Jack Nicholson joker length.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either a Colt revolving rifle or a Colt 1873 Buntline.

https://laststandonzombieisland.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/colt-1855.jpg
View Quote
Well I'm not looking for it to be a revolver rifle. Maybe such a thing could be modified to be what I want but not sure on how easy that would be or the legality.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Not current production, but Dan Wesson made a 15 inch barrel.

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I know the OP said he didn't want a revolving rifle.

Problem with most of the old time revolving rifles is you are putting your non trigger hand on the fore end and the crap comeng out of the barrel cylinder gap is tearing the crap out of your wrist and for arm
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/sCf3EmH.jpg
View Quote
Have a model name/code/number? Can the still be found at a reasonable price? Because that sounds perfect!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably the Super Blackhawk 10.5"

That's a 4" Model 29 under it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Uberti makes a clone of the 1873 SAA buntline with an 18” barrel, with a few different sight options.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to buy a 10 3/4" super blackhawk SS in 44 remmag this year. I had one before and sold it and wish I hadn't.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:02:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Uberti Buntline

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#10]
That will do!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have a model name/code/number? Can the still be found at a reasonable price? Because that sounds perfect!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/sCf3EmH.jpg
Dan Wesson 15-2.  If you can find one of the super long barrels, you will pay more for it than for the gun.  Last 12" barrel I saw went for 600.  I haven't seen a 15" come up for sale in 5-7 years, and I'm pretty in tune with the DW community

If you find a 15" barrel for a 15-2, plan on dropping over 1k on the barrel, and another 350-450 for the gun
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
S&W makes the .460 with a 14inch barrel. Even comes with a bipod.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Perfect opportunity for someone to start up production on an .88 Magnum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dan Wesson 15-2.  If you can find one of the super long barrels, you will pay more for it than for the gun.  Last 12" barrel I saw went for 600.  I haven't seen a 15" come up for sale in 5-7 years, and I'm pretty in tune with the DW community

If you find a 15" barrel for a 15-2, plan on dropping over 1k on the barrel, and another 350-450 for the gun
View Quote
Huge DW fan hereto and I concur with your assessment.  My first gun was DW 44 Mag Pistol Pac.  I see 44 Mag 8" barrels selling for almost what I paid for the Pistol Pac.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#15]
There is an 18" barreled Uberti Buntline (factory new) for sale right now on Gunbroker.  Two more days left on the auction with a starting bid of $350.00 and nobody has bid yet.  This one is chambered in 38/.357 magnum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I noticed it. But I don't have funds available right now, i'm just figuring out what I want to save up for next. I think it's going to be the crazy long barreled revolver, then a RPR in .308Win or M9A3. I normally only buy 1 gun a year if it's expensive, trying to work on getting what I want and quality now that my safe is pretty much full.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Huge DW fan hereto and I concur with your assessment.  My first gun was DW 44 Mag Pistol Pac.  I see 44 Mag 8" barrels selling for almost what I paid for the Pistol Pac.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DW prices have gotten crazy.  I'm almost tempted to start splitting up some pistol packs and selling random barrel assemblies I have laying around.  I never shoot 2.5s, I don't shoot standard shrouds (only VH or V slotted), and the 10 and 12 357 mag BA are obnoxious.  Have a bunch of 44 stuff laying around too.

One Interesting one I have is a VH6S for a 15-2.  Why its slotted with a heavy underlug, I have no clue, but it sure is cool.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

DW prices have gotten crazy.  I'm almost tempted to start splitting up some pistol packs and selling random barrel assemblies I have laying around.
View Quote
Dan Wesson BARREL prices have gotten crazy.  Oddly the guns not so much.

It's been true for about a decade that a pistol pack is worth more broken up than whole.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dan Wesson BARREL prices have gotten crazy.  Oddly the guns not so much.

It's been true for about a decade that a pistol pack is worth more broken up than whole.
View Quote
I'm a supermag whore.  Last one I bought was in 2013 and similar guns are 4-600 more now, if you can even find them.

I miss being able to buy barrel assemblies all day long for $125 .  I don't think I paid much more than 160 for my VH8S 445 supermag BA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top