Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2022 2:16:57 PM EDT
3D printed receiver, everything is assembled, slide moves freely, etc.

When I rack the slide, then pull the trigger, I have to pull the trigger all the way back and then squeeze some more before it releases and clicks.

What should I do, what should I look for, to fix this?

I don't want to go out to the range until it's working perfectly with dry-fire.

Lone Wolf Lower Parts Kit
No-Name brand pre-assembled slide I bought off gunbroker.
FDMA 19.2 receiver
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Your printed frame is out of spec - likely a little too short, if you're having to squeeze that hard to get the trigger bar to release the striker. If you have a factory receiver to compare it to, get out a set of calipers and start comparing dimensions so you can see where you need to change dimensions on your print to get it usable.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, I don't have a factory G19.

Don't really want to buy one just to check some measurements.  Can someone tell me what to check?

When I first assembled it, it was working fine.  But after working out the slide for several hundred cycles (to get it worn in smoothly), the trigger started doing this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Print another frame. I bet you warped your frame (PLA?)

Did you calibrate the e steps on your printer?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you calibrate the e steps on your printer?
View Quote

+1 - you can print out a reference cube, then take your calipers to it, to fine-tune the design-to-print final dimensions, via calibration adjustments to your print parameters.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sadly, my 3D printer control board gave up the ghost yesterday, so I'll need to fix it before printing anything more.

I was planning to print another receiver anyway (hoping to change orientation and have fewer support contact points to sand down).  I guess I'll double check calibration prior.

Still would like to see what may be off on this one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are probably right about the sizing, I'm comparing it to my G21 and just looking at how the trigger sits.  The G21 trigger releases significantly before you hit the back of the trigger guard.  The DD19.2 is lodged up against it before release.

I can try to file down the receiver a bit there, but I'm thinking I'll mess up the "safe trigger" system if I do, as the place where the lever rests to keep the trigger from going back is where I'd have to file.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top