Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2020 3:07:01 PM EDT
What is the key to getting a lighter trigger pull?.
I use my 1911 for a range gun. And I’d like to lighter the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You file the firing pin down of course, oh wait thats to make it full auto.

Check this out
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is the key to getting a lighter trigger pull?.
I use my 1911 for a range gun. And I’d like to lighter the trigger.
View Quote

Train more or get a quality aftermarket. I never replace or modify anything on my guns, especially defensive ones
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Doing trigger work on a 1911 isn’t terribly difficult. But its pretty easy to mess it up if you don’t know what you’re doing. Your best bet is the drop in fcg unit from wilson combat, or to get some formal training in 1911 work if you’d rather go that way. There are schools that do short courses on the topic.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doing trigger work on a 1911 isn’t terribly difficult. But its pretty easy to mess it up if you don’t know what you’re doing. Your best bet is the drop in fcg unit from wilson combat, or to get some formal training in 1911 work if you’d rather go that way. There are schools that do short courses on the topic.
View Quote

Iv looked into those drop in kits, the only thing is I don't want a skeletonize hammer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]
As the trigger pull gets lighter the , Trigger shoe needs to get lighter to prevent bounce.
The lighter hammer gives faster lock time.

With the fact that alot of guns have MIM interals. Nothing wrong with them but some are only surface hardened.
So for the money I like the Cylinder and Slide kits. Good quality tool steel parts.
Pretty much take out the factory parts, install the new parts, set the trigger pull weight, safety check
Then off to the range and enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top